Need tips for my home studio (pres, drums etc)

I feel like this shit is getting out of hand.

Bottomline, You need to LEARN, and you don't need Waves plugins to learn. Be happy I decided not to post the fucking huge rant I just made.

^^^ +1

I've been using the Antress Modern plugs, and they sound so good! I don't really use my cracked shit too much, maybe one of the eq's that I got but everything else is free, like TSE X30, Kefir, 7170, Antress and all that shit, its as good as the expensive stuff :D

Man, you're mainly using cracked shit for the eq? I'm pretty sure there was a topic a few months back saying that most digital eq's are fundamentally the same anyway (barring of course channel strip sims), so that's not exactly entirely logical way to go about things. :loco:

And no one's going to ban anyone, just laugh at how ridiculously out of hand this shit has gone and think less of everyone that broadcasts it as if it was the clever or justifiable given their situation (I mean really stfu). It's not an attitude that's native to this forum, it's one that comes from other places on the net where you get lauded for not actually buying software and insulted otherwise - "Man I can not believe you bought X, that's fucking stupid, torrentz mang!".

I feel the bottom line on this forum has always been (and someone can correct me if I'm wrong); if you're going to do it, keep your trap shut about it, don't advertise it as part of a legit service and buy it when you can, don't expect pats on the back for going legit either "I now own all my software" posts are fucking lame, it's like asking for a medal for getting out of bed in the morning. Buy it because you should be buying it, not any other reason.

back to the OP:

forgot about all these outboard pre's/converters and just get a profire 2626. i think everyone in this thread will agree that that's all you need. you're just complicating things needlessly. the pre's / converters in the profire are really good.

ANd then for the shell kit:

Buying an alesis trigger i o
Putting ddrum triggers on all the shell kit into the alesis trigger i o and
Buying steven slate platinum and use it with apptrigga to get my sounds.

dont bother with the i/o. just run the triggers straight into your interface and use aptrigga and ssd to replace :). saves you £100 or so and will probs be the best option for what your doing :).

jam

dont bother with the i/o. just run the triggers straight into your interface and use aptrigga and ssd to replace :). saves you £100 or so and will probs be the best option for what your doing :).

jam

THIS. and get a profire so you have the pre's. seriously, i got a trigger i/o, they're fucking garbage. absolutely useless. simply cannot get them to trigger correctly. record the blips from a trigger straight into a micpre, use it like a mic.

if you ever end up needing to expand your rig, and rely heavily on triggers, lots of guys get the behringer ada8000 to use just for triggers. it's an 8 mic pre strip, sounds like total garbage, but because the sound quality of your blips obviously doesn't matter, it makes sense to go in ADAT and expand your interface so you can use 8 mics and 8 triggers (or mics with garbage sound, talkbacks, etc.) simultaneously.

THIS. and get a profire so you have the pre's. seriously, i got a trigger i/o, they're fucking garbage. absolutely useless. simply cannot get them to trigger correctly. record the blips from a trigger straight into a micpre, use it like a mic.

if you ever end up needing to expand your rig, and rely heavily on triggers, lots of guys get the behringer ada8000 to use just for triggers. it's an 8 mic pre strip, sounds like total garbage, but because the sound quality of your blips obviously doesn't matter, it makes sense to go in ADAT and expand your interface so you can use 8 mics and 8 triggers (or mics with garbage sound, talkbacks, etc.) simultaneously.

thanks for the tip!
i didnt know the io was garbage....

it thought i could just pay 200$ and get away with it :)

how do you mostly use your samples though?

i just bought ssd and im having a hard time getting nice sounds with apptrigga

do you dina stack?
what makes the bigest difference? velocity?