Slate Drums

GearMan2point0

Musician/Engineer
Feb 13, 2011
I have been thinking about purchasing the EX Steven Slate signature drum kits.
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.co...re-Drum-Kits-EX-Virtual-Instrument?sku=582521
I would like to know, is it possible for me to just get the samples and such from that and use them to make my own drumagog files? Or is it all just built in which I can't get access to the individual WAV files?

I don't want the virtual part of it, and I already have Drumagog 5 so i don't want trigger.

thanks guys

I have been thinking about purchasing the EX Steven Slate signature drum kits.
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.co...re-Drum-Kits-EX-Virtual-Instrument?sku=582521
I would like to know, is it possible for me to just get the samples and such from that and use them to make my own drumagog files? Or is it all just built in which I can't get access to the individual WAV files?

I don't want the virtual part of it, and I already have Drumagog 5 so i don't want trigger.

thanks guys

not anymore, EX doesn't come with the WAV files and SSD isn't supporting drumagog now that trigger is out

Just make your own wav files of the drums hits and then import them to drumagog...
PITA, but it's feasible.
Unless I'm completely missing something here...

SSD 3.5 stopped shipping with wavs and gogs in early 2010. Now its use is specifically for virtual midi drumkits. For using Slate samples for replacement and augmenting, we offer our award winning :) TRIGGER drum replacer.

You can get TRIGGER EX + EX to PLATINUM EXPANSION PACK this weekend only for under $200.

SSD 3.5 stopped shipping with wavs and gogs in early 2010. Now its use is specifically for virtual midi drumkits. For using Slate samples for replacement and augmenting, we offer our award winning :) TRIGGER drum replacer.

You can get TRIGGER EX + EX to PLATINUM EXPANSION PACK this weekend only for under $200.

if i buy trigger ex, will i be able to use my ssd platinum sample library with it? i just dont want to pay extra for the same samples

Hi steve. I'm demoing Reaper 3.75, and I have a bunch of GM Midi Drum Songs. What is your low end drum replacement trigger software What do I need to convert midi drums to your samples?

Thank you for fixing the link to the instrument editor!!! Another day, or two and you were about to get some hate mail. :rolleyes:

They're really two different products. If you want to program drums via midi. SSD is the way to go. Replacing / augmenting you can go with trigger. If you want to do both get SSD and convert audio to midi to trigger, I did it for ages. It's not difficult at all and it is the same way a lot of people trigger with superior.

TBH at the moment, for programming drums unfortunately Slates cymbals aren't as great as those in superior. So I say you're best all round purchase would probably be superior and trigger platinum using the upgrade path slate just described.

I personally cant wait for SSD4 as apparently they've sampled a whole new lot of cymbals which is really what is still holding programmed drums back, and given how well Slate's products have been doing, and the phenomenal quality of all of them. I think we're in for something special :D