Question on using Superio 2.0 and Steven Slate Drums together

XxXPete

May 1, 2007
Hi Guys... Was wondering..If i like certain smaples from SUPERIOR 2.0..and certain samples from STEVEN SLATE drums... Is ther a way I can use both of them within my DAW.. ? be it CUBASE ,REAPER, or SONAR? Or do I have to get a program such as DRUMTRACKER, APTRIGGA or Steven Slate Trigger? thanks in Advance!

i do this all the time

first, i open up superior and select only the cymbals i want on the output routing i select multichannel, and save the overhead room and hihat tracks into a new wave files (one for each)

then, i open up the slate thingy and save snare kick toms etc into new wav files.

then, in another project i load all the waves. :]

i do this all the time

first, i open up superior and select only the cymbals i want on the output routing i select multichannel, and save the overhead room and hihat tracks into a new wave files (one for each)

then, i open up the slate thingy and save snare kick toms etc into new wav files.

then, in another project i load all the waves. :]

Like this. Anyhow, this is how I was doing it using EZ cymbals and various other samples for the other drums. But after buying Superior 2.0 recently, I'm loving EZ Player Pro for just this. Within it, I can send whatever drum parts I want to different sample players (cymbals, snare on Superior, kick & toms to Slate, etc.). It's made life even easier.

Idont quite understand..Can u explain? Do i program via midi what I want? then later select which program for which particular program??? IM LOST! HELP ME!

Oh, yeah dude, Those plugins are usuless unless you actually have some source material for them to trigger off of. You have to program a midi track first. Then you put whichever drum plug you want on the midi track and it will play it back. If you like Slates kicks and snares than I would just put that plug on the kick and snare track, Than use S2.0 for cymbals or whatever. Or blend both, really its up to your preference.

In EZ Player Pro (shipped with Superior), I load my drum midi file. From there, I can send the whole "kit" to Superior, or whatever sampler I want. OR...it recognizes each drum instrument. I can create two tracks/channels. Load Superior on one, Slate on the other. On the superior track, I create separate layers for each drum part I want (a layer for cymbals, a layer for snare, etc.). Drag the drum part I want to each layer. Select the map/wrapper to Superior. Then on the Slate track, create layers again for the drum parts I want in Slate (toms, kick, etc.). Drag the drum part I want to each layer. Then select the map/wrapper for Slate. (this is all within the EZ Player interface)

Make sure you have both Superior and Slate loaded up in your VSTi rack and everything routed correctly. The PDF with EZ Player does an okay job explaining this, and there are several youtube tutorials out there. They all explain it better and in more detail then me. I'm just giving you the "gist" of it. But by doing this, EZ Player is splitting the midi file parts for me and sending them to the appropriate sampler. No more need to duplicate the midi track and selectively turn on only the drums I want. Life got a lot easier for me with this tool! (once I got my head around it, that is)

Pete,

Once you load up both plugins you will have 2 separate midi tracks. What I do is program them all in Slate then copy my tom and cymbal tracks to the MIDI channel for Superior and delete them from the MIDI track for Slate. You can do the same with any of the instruments be it kick, snare, toms, hats, or cymbals.

I use the drums from Steven Slate with the cymbals from Addictive Drums. It sounds amazing. I just run an instance of each on their own tracks. I mute the cymbals in Steven Slate, and I mute the drums in Addictive Drums. Then I can play my heart away on my Roland Vdrums.