need to show you this awesome band (my latest project)

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
the mix is more or less finished, so if you wanna say something negative about it better don't say anything at all, it would just drive me and the band crazy...and we're really happy with it so far, don't change that! :D

Synarchy Medley

the band is called "Synarchy" and they're from the Faroe Islands, here's their facebook

and for all of you who're interested in that sorta shit here's their studio diary:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...7-i-cant-believe-im-posting-studio-diary.html

for those of you who need technical info:
Guitar: Ibanez Universe 7-String (Blaze pup), TS808 into 5150III (left) and 5150 (right), both into Mesa Recto cab mic'd with...I forgot actually...sounds like a 57 though.

Bass: Ibanez 6 String and ...(this must be my secret) into:
1 track of sansamp psa1->Mesa BigBlock M-Pulse->Ampeg svt classic 4x10->b52
and 1 track of Mesa BigBlock M-Pulse->Ampeg svt classic 4x10->b52->sansamp psa1

drums: almost completely natural, Yamaha recording custom kit with Starclassic snare

I'm really digging this band, very good musicians, interesting songs and fucked up clownspeak as their native language

Would it be possible to create TCI's from the drums with and w/o processing ?

the kick sounds uber slappy

that'll be a bit difficult I guess, 80% of the kick is the actualy mic track with all the bleed etc, the other 20% is a sample of that same kick. that sample can be found in my sample pack, it's called "synarchy", it's got the same vibe, but sounds a bit different of course than the real kick in this mix

That bassguitar is fucking tasty lasse! drums are fucking hell. great drummer obviously. one day I will find out how you make your guitars so damn chunky.

Sounds like utter crap

...is the opposite of what I'd say about this mix :p
You should be confident about this one. Relax and enjoy a work well done :)

that'll be a bit difficult I guess, 80% of the kick is the actualy mic track with all the bleed etc, the other 20% is a sample of that same kick. that sample can be found in my sample pack, it's called "synarchy", it's got the same vibe, but sounds a bit different of course than the real kick in this mix

sounds great but what kick synarchy? did you update your libary without me knowing?

Thanks.
It was a rather deep wood snare, we also didn't tune it extremely high this time.
Style/preferance of the drummer - and I gotta say inactually dig it quite a bit... A bit killswitchy

Not sure if I can tell (endorsement contracts etc), but the amp, cab and especially the mic are very important for the tone in this case.
I think EMG pickups sound good, ESPecially for that extra bite you see at the HORIZON