Need to transfer my cubase 5 files To another computer

Jul 31, 2010
I have files on my old computer that i am not done mixing, long story short my computer started fucking up a lot so i just built a new desktop, i need to take the cubase 5 files i have on here and put them onto my desktop.

Now i have a lot of files that i need to transfer from bands EP's and albums i have not even finished yet.
How should i go about doing this?

i don't want to just export stuff as Wav files because a lot of the files i was almost done mixing them, i just want the work files the same as i left them on the old computer.

i would appreciate any help.
thanks.

Just copy the entire folder with the project in it. Cubase will typically sort it out automatically.

Of if you want to be cleaner, save each project to a new folder (used to be Project Archive or something). Then you can select to only take the active wavs and such for a cleaner transfer.

But typically just copying the entire folder works just fine.

Moving computers sounds easy like that, but running down plugins can be a PITA sometimes. You will also likely have to change your connections a bit. Not a huge deal, just takes a few minutes.

just make sure all your files are organized, take the HD out of your old computer, place it in the new computer, and paste the files you want to be saved on your new computer on a different HD.

boom.

done.

see i would do that, but my new computer is a desktop, old one is a laptop.

and the main problem im having is, this computer is not organized what so ever..... The new one is but this one is a mess idk what happened but everything got mixed up.

There like 8484948484 wav files in my audio folder that goes along with cubase and nothing really named in there just like audio 1 2 3 so on so on.

I think there is probably 2000 wav files in there.

then theres a images folder that exactly the same.

I actually don't really know much about these folders but i know without the stuff in these the files are not going to work, and some of my cubase files i really do not want anymore because i have no need for them.

any idea what i can do?

I always clear all the junk I don't need from the trash as Cubase saves copies of unused media as well. So remove your unused media, empty trash (if you don't need these that is) and hit "back up project" in the menu. Enter location on protable drive or whatever and done.