Need your opinions on these babys!

wicked_s

Sep 19, 2004
Finally, we're done with our promotion-CD-single. "Only" thing left is the mixing... I've done a "rough mix" because I'd love to hear your thougts on it. We've added some audioclips to our website. So visit:

http://www.cromonic.com

On the first page there is a big image that says THE JUKEBOX, click that one and your all set to go.

I dig very much. Nice Pod tones too. Awesome mix as well. Keep it up and keep sharing the heavies. :headbang:

hmmm....well, listening back, the levels of everything sounds really good...very evened out...(is that a word?) Considering your lead guitarist is a shredder, I would totally turn up his solo a bit in the mix..but, other than that, the levels and separation sound excellent.

The overheads actually sound pretty good as well...so, good job on that!

One thing I noticed on 2 songs...there's like...very bad cuts. it sounds like the song was maybe pieced together or something. So - in the first song, it happens at 43 seconds in, and I think it happens again at 11 seconds into the last song. Is that how the song is?

Also - the overall high end on the songs....it's not bad, but something about it is kind of hard on the ears....as in....after listening to a full album, I could envision my ears starting to feel fatigued....

but...definitely cool! \m/ \m/

wicked_s said:
Finally, we're done with our promotion-CD-single. "Only" thing left is the mixing... I've done a "rough mix" because I'd love to hear your thougts on it. We've added some audioclips to our website. So visit:

http://www.cromonic.com

On the first page there is a big image that says THE JUKEBOX, click that one and your all set to go.
Hey you are the guy from the Line 6 (Channel 6) forums! So all Pod Xt then?

Good work! :)

Great job man. Saw you posting around on alot of message boards about pod tones. Definatly did your homework, and it came out great. Are some akward sounding cuts but i'm more referring to the tone. :headbang:

From the Line 6 forums here are wicked_s' secrets:

- The drums was recorded in a studio here in Sweden. The bass was recorded home at the bassplayer in the band. We ran it through his pod xt (choosed the tube preamp on the xt), he used his Fender P-bass. Then I imported the stuff in my computer (with Cubase SX) and played all the rhythm guitars through my pod xt pro, direct into the soundcard of my computer (yamaha DS2416). I layered the rhythmguitars with 4 tracks, to get it fat. Then I recorded the leadguitar through my DOD YJM overdrive and my pod xt pro. Clean vocals was recorded at a friends house and the growling recorded at my place.

- I used the L6-big bottom amp from the model packs. I tried a lot of different amps but I found that this one suited the music best. Yes, it's post eq, compressor etc.
And I cut the bass on the guitars, and added a bit more to the bassguitar instead.

Fabbio,
Thanks dude, I will try to work something out so it works for 56k connections too.

johnzorn,
Thanks, still some minor tweaking to do with the mix. Yeah, new heavies coming soon.

Kazrog,
Cool that you liked it. :oops:

daemon097,
I agree, I'll turn it up some. Actually, it's me doing the soloing. About the cuts, that is how the song is, but I tend to record sections at a time. Like the vers in one take, the chorus in another. I suppose thats why :hotjump:

Nitronium Blood,
Yeah that's me from the Line6 forum. I'm a "pod xt-freak" :headbang:

Grave Desire,
Thanks! Yes I post my pod xt patches at my own forum to, check it out at:

www.cromonic.com

at the forum there's a section called line6 tones, or something like that :worship:

Sounds really awesome. The overall mix is great. Hehe, wish I could get our recordings to sound like that, and we have Cubase SX as well. One question though, who played the drums on the recording? I noticed on your members page that you don't have a drummer. And I love the tone of the drums on your recordings. Good work.

ChurchofMetal said:
Sounds really awesome. The overall mix is great. Hehe, wish I could get our recordings to sound like that, and we have Cubase SX as well. One question though, who played the drums on the recording? I noticed on your members page that you don't have a drummer. And I love the tone of the drums on your recordings. Good work.

The drums was played by Ronny Milianovicz (former drummer of "Sinnergy", and now playing with "Dionysus"). He's a session drummer for now, maybe he'll join as a permanent member soon.