I need your opinions...

the-lull

discouraged one
May 25, 2001
France
www.thelull.fr.fm
HI there,
I've not posted much on that forum, even though I really like November's Doom and the musical orientation they took in their last two albums. They are of my numerous musical inspirations, and that's the reason why I'd like to get your opinions concerning my music.
I've recorded 2 rough demo songs (understand that the production is almost invisible!), and I'd like to know what you think about it, good or bad, cause the aim of it is to improve these compositions.

Among the commentaries I got for the moment, a lot of people told me that the music was close to My Dying Bride, or Katatonia's Brave Murder Day era, so if any of you are into these bands, you can give it a try.

Here is a link to my website where you can download the 2 songs:
www.thelull.fr.fm

Thanks a lot!

Greetings!

I can certainly hear the Katatonia influence, but I wouldn't go as far as to call it a copy. I don't hear the My Dying Bride in it at all though. It's cool stuff. I would be interested in hearing this with proper production. It also reminds me of Rapture and Daylight Dies. Nice job. Let us know if you record more!

Novembers Paul said:
Greetings!

I can certainly hear the Katatonia influence, but I wouldn't go as far as to call it a copy. I don't hear the My Dying Bride in it at all though. It's cool stuff. I would be interested in hearing this with proper production. It also reminds me of Rapture and Daylight Dies. Nice job. Let us know if you record more!

Thanks for your comments. I'm very honoured to hear that from your mouth...
Concerning nice production, I guess it will take a while as I'm actually alone in this project for the moment, so I have to find session members for the drums, bass, at least...