Neil Kernon

Dec 10, 2012
Washington, DC
What do you guys think of the albums he's produced? I don't want to besmirch the name of another producer, but I'm genuinely curious. Annihilation of the Wicked sounds great, but Dreaming Neon Black is (at least to my ears) pretty bad.

edit: oh god I didn't realize he has a forum on UM. oops.

I dig his work. All of his mixes have a unique sound, which is band dependant. It's cool.

Wow, how'd you go from working with Hall & Oates to death metal? That's pretty amazing to me

To be honest, I'd worked with a lot of heavy - in numerous senses, I suppose - bands before I worked with H&O (Mahavishnu, Thin Lizzy, Priest, Sex Pistols, Yes etc.) so I didn't really think about it.

I've also worked on a lot of pop records, but I'm a guitarist, so I find that I tend to gravitate more towards guitar - driven music for the most part.

Hey Neil, love your work. You've worked with many bands I love across tons of different genres and styles. From jazz fusion, rock, prog and death metal.

Your Auslander.net site seems to be down. How would someone go about contacting you these days?

The first album I listened to and realized that you produced it was Cannibal Corpse's "Wretched Spawn"
and than I checked your other mixes out...You and Andy are probably my favorite producers ever.

P.S.: If you need any kind of help with your website, just hit me up.

Love Dreaming Neon Black, that low end has something unique to it... It just sounds "right" for the music, when Beyond within sets in after the Ophidian.

The first album I listened to and realized that you produced it was Cannibal Corpse's "Wretched Spawn"
and than I checked your other mixes out...You and Andy are probably my favorite producers ever.

P.S.: If you need any kind of help with your website, just hit me up.

Thanks for the kind words. I might just drop you a line about my website - not making much progress in that direction these days..