Nerves Live

Braighs said:
I once growled in my sleep on a school trip.
People thought I was possessed by a demon.
hehe...

haha... im a novelty at my school. people dont listen to dm AT ALL so when im just singing along to something and i growl theyre all like wow holy crap that sounds cool! but id never do it in front of the whole school.

as for nerves, apart from booze, theres absolutely fuck all you can do about em in my experience. you just have to have the right mind set and get out and do what you have to do.

lol yeah, i remember when iwas younger... i listened to some stuff like cannibal corpse and stuff... and i was like: WOOOOOOOOOOOOO most of the time with my friends and they thought it was cool, and they pushing me to do it even deeper.. so i kept trying and i think i had a nice deep growl... well.. for a 12 year old guy, but then i couldn't speak for a week, so i had to stop. Good times.

worldwide_suicide said:
lol yeah, i remember when iwas younger... i listened to some stuff like cannibal corpse and stuff... and i was like: WOOOOOOOOOOOOO most of the time with my friends and they thought it was cool, and they pushing me to do it even deeper.. so i kept trying and i think i had a nice deep growl... well.. for a 12 year old guy, but then i couldn't speak for a week, so i had to stop. Good times.

I can growl pretty decently. If I try I can get to about Cannibal Corpse low, but otherwise I have a pretty middle of the road growl (think Mike combined with Dallas Toler-Wade from Nile)..it's ironic, because I can growl higher pitched than I can sing, hah.

i dont know.. i just think you're too young to be listening to dm like cannibal corpse...

take my advice, you won't want to end up being 21, sitting here all day listening to opeth, smoking and drinking coffee until you're completely dry... or maybe you want...

I'm not really a preformer in any way shape or form. I used to have a pretty good voice but stopped singing years ago, recently I got completely wasted and managed to fire off an entire rendition of the radio edit of "Bat Outa' Hell" on Kareoke (in a sense this is still performing). Apparently I was pretty bloody good, a mate of mine mentioned something about getting lessons and then putting a band together.

I'm not advocating getting wrecked, as for you musicians (I will actaully learn to play my bloody guitar at some point!) it's probably far harder to play when, you're at the point at which standing up straight is a challenge, but a bit of Dutch courgae never did any harm.