Netflix sux

dorian gray

Returning videotapes
Apr 8, 2004
yeah, so i just cancelled my netflix account due to a misunderstanding over delivery times. see, i thought i was supposed to get some dvds when i ordered them. netflix thinks differently.
any of you have blockbuster.com or gameznflix? im not sure which to go with because im scared that they are both going to suck as bad as netflix. gameznflix has a deal with 6-at-a-time for $250 a year. thats pretty good. i dunno about their selection. i dont want to have to rent "state property 2" over and over again.
any help would be...........helpful.

netflix r00lz.

my friend has blockbuster and he likes it. netflix caught on to his pirating ways so he had to move to greener pastures. :loco:

hmm, had netflix for close to 2 years now and they have been totally fucking great.
there is a distribution center a few miles from where I live so once they ship something, I get it the next day ...

+ their selection is by far the best of all the online rental places.

what was the problem you were having with Netflix?

seconding the awesome selection thing.

a while back I was comparing other online places, and whenever I put search for the typical weird thing I normally like to watch, blockbuster, walmart, something else hmm, didn't have most of it, where netflix did... and they're basically all the same as far as price goes too.

blockbuster offers that thing where you can like go into the store and pick up a movie or two a month, something... but if I wanted to rent videos from the store, then that would completely negate my laziness of wanting movies to come to ME!!

so if your problem was not getting new releases within like the first 2 months (a downside with netflix) blockbuster might be a good choice since they do like guarantee a new release to be in stock at the store thing (fine print says you may have to wait a day)

One Inch Man said:
netflix r00lz.

my friend has blockbuster and he likes it. netflix caught on to his pirating ways so he had to move to greener pastures. :loco:

And how would they find out, unless he told them outright?

thanks for the comments, dudes. my problems with netfilx were numerous. during the free trial period, i was getting gobs of dvds. suddenly, when the period was up, it was as if they were stretching out the times as long as possible to keep me to a minimum. i thought maybe it was the mail system. the distribution hub is in chattanooga - a two hour drive. i dont think USPS is *that* bad that they cant get mail back in forth in one day.
then netflix started fucking up my orders. when i rented deadwood, they sent me disc 3 and 4 first. so i had to wait an entire week to get discs 1 and 2. by the time i got to watch 3 and 4, i'd had the goddam things for almost 2 weeks.
the same thing happened with a season of the sopranos. i had to actually *drive my car* to blockbuster to get the first 2 discs because i didnt want to wait again.
ive also had several documented cases of undelivered discs.
the last straw has been the past week and a half, i have not received ONE disc. my queue had some 6 dvds for them to choose from but i got nothing.
meh, their customer service is nil. no phone number. no email saying, "we noticed you havent received shit for awhile? can we help you?"
yeah, their selection is pretty good but its not worth it to me.
also, they *are* the most expensive. so, it's just $3 more than gameznflix. that adds up to....uhh....a couple CDs a year.

circus_brimstone said:
And how would they find out, unless he told them outright?
i asked him the same thing, and he said "well they sorta didn't like it when i'd return a movie like an hour after it showed up uhuhuhuhuhuh" huhuhuhhuuh.

I use iControl. No waiting on people to mail my shit. No using my $3 gas to go to blockbuster.

I rule.