Neurosis

None_So_Vile

Malign Paradigm
Jan 8, 2003
Middlesbrough
www.myspace.com
I've just put "A Sun That Never Sets" into my shopping basket on Amazon.co.uk (£7!) and was wondering (excluding that one obviously), which are the best Neurosis albums to get as all of them have 5 stars...and me being a poor student, I can't afford to get them all I'm afraid...

So yeah, any help would be cool

Thanks

everyone has their favorites, so you'll likely see every album being someone's favorite and claiming to be the band's best. However, Times of Grace, and Through SIlver in BLood are widely considered to be their best. A Sun That Never Sets would be up there too, though I'm not too crazy about that one.

here's my ranking if you care:

1. Times of Grace
2. Through Silver in Blood
3. Souls at Zero
4. Enemy of the Sun
5. The Eye of Every Storm
6. Sovereign EP
7. A Sun That Never Sets
8. The Word as Law
9. Neurosis & Jarboe
10. Pain of Mind

Same ranking here, except for the "Sovereign" EP, which I've never had the opportunity to check out. Neurosis are undoubtedly one of the few genre-defining bands still alive and still bringing out splendid material which adds each time a new layer to the foundations of their music. Neurosis = legend. :headbang:

Times of Grace and A Sun That Never Sets switch off as my favorite all the time... I just got the Sovereign EP this weekend and its amazing! They're all pretty damn good, I don't like Enemy of the Sun that much though

Neurosis is an amazing band, and definitley one worth owning the entire catalougue of. It's very interesting to wacth how they furiously slammed themselves against the wall time and time again until they finally broke through, at which point they became far more reflective.

Anyways:
1)Through Silver in Blood (10/10)
2) A Sun That Never Sets (10/10)
3) Enemy of the Sun (9/10)
4) Times of Grace (8/10)
5) Neurosis and Jarboe (8/10)
6) Souls at Zero (8/10)
7) The Eye of Every Storm (7/10)
8) Sovereign (7/10)
9) The Word as Law (5/10)
10) Pain of Mind (5/10)

Here's my ordering: