Never talk to cops

I don't get all the cop-hate, but then, I don't live in the US, where it's ridiculously easy to join the five-oh. I've never had anything against the cops, but that's probably, because in Belgium, cops are a completely different kind of people. You don't get beaten for the slightest thing, and cops who are too quick on the truncheon are usually suspended or even fired rather quickly. Sure, there are some jackasses who vent their frustrations on the "little people", but those are in the minority. Same goes for my force, there's a few jackasses, but on the whole, we try to help and protect people - when we're threatened or treated like shit, we'll respond in kind, but as long as people are friendly, so are we.

I still do not support hating the police, though. Because they risk their lives for your safety every day. All you armchair anarchists and freedom fighters would do well to remember that. Hate the jackasses that shouldn't be on the force, but don't hate the people who still live by the motto "serve and protect".

..about that, I always had the ( stereotypical ) view that most law enforcers in the US are also pretty darn racist. Is it true? I wouldn't know.

I have to be careful what I say here, but the fact is not that most racists become cops, it's more the reverse. Being a cop exposes you to the worst things other cultures have to offer, and this on a regular basis. It's extremely difficult not to get prejudiced in our line of work.

True, I was referring more to what the individual brings with him in his line of work rather than what he becomes, and how it influences his decision taking. I guess I was thinking "Crash" when I said that.

I can honestly say that I've never been pulled over, questioned, or searched by the police when I wasn't doing something wrong. A "yes sir" or "no sir" and proper comportment will get you a long way with police officers. I've never seen the police beat someone up for no reason. If you get arrested because you had weed on you and you REALLY HAD weed on you, then it's not the cop's fault. It's still an illegal drug, no matter how widespread it's used.

True, but even when I lived in the states and I got in trouble with the police, I was doing something I shouldn't have been doing. Granted, the police there are more like a small army and most of them really don't give a shit about the welfare of citizens

True, but even when I lived in the states and I got in trouble with the police, I was doing something I shouldn't have been doing. Granted, the police there are more like a small army and most of them really don't give a shit about the welfare of citizens
I guess in the U.S., it all depends on where you're at. Cops in Detroit or L.A. are going to behave totally differently than the cops in some peacful town.

..about that, I always had the ( stereotypical ) view that most law enforcers in the US are also pretty darn racist. Is it true? I wouldn't know.

Yes but they hate every race.

A white cop will slam his knee into your back and call you white trash. A black cop will stop you simply because you're in a non white apartment complex and it's suspicious.

And The Mexican cops...well, as everyone knows I already fucking hate Mexicans to death.

I don't get all the cop-hate, but then, I don't live in the US, where it's ridiculously easy to join the five-oh. I've never had anything against the cops, but that's probably, because in Belgium, cops are a completely different kind of people. You don't get beaten for the slightest thing, and cops who are too quick on the truncheon are usually suspended or even fired rather quickly. Sure, there are some jackasses who vent their frustrations on the "little people", but those are in the minority. Same goes for my force, there's a few jackasses, but on the whole, we try to help and protect people - when we're threatened or treated like shit, we'll respond in kind, but as long as people are friendly, so are we.

I still do not support hating the police, though. Because they risk their lives for your safety every day. All you armchair anarchists and freedom fighters would do well to remember that. Hate the jackasses that shouldn't be on the force, but don't hate the people who still live by the motto "serve and protect".

Bravo, the voice of reason. I've worked in Philly for 10 years, and I have yet to see a cop be disrespectful or abusive to ANYONE. In fact, the ones I come across are all polite and damn good dudes (and a few fine ladies as well). Seems to me it's easy to hate on the cops until you or someone you care about needs them.

what WD says is true....about hair
My point is that it would seem this is what I SHOULD believe, but as I've already stated, no cop has ever done me wrong. I've never been harrassed undeservingly and I've never gotten in any serious trouble when cops catch me doing something I shouldn't be doing. I've been pulled over countless times in my driving life and I've gotten 2 tickets total. I was doing something wrong every time and the cops just went through their motions, never treating me unfairly. This is why it's hard sometimes for say I don't like cops. Of all people, you'd think they'd fuck with me more than anyone else because of my appearance, but they just don't.

fuck_the_police.jpg

... says the man who turns purple and throws a tantrum when the word 'my pals' is uttered ^_^

I think you have me confused with someone else. I was the one Warrel had to explain to why I can't use the word anymore.

I love my cities rap. I love black people. But I still use the word on a regular basis. Some white people are white trash, some Mexican's are spics, and some black people are *iggers.

I think you have me confused with someone else. I was the one Warrel had to explain to why I can't use the word anymore.

I love my cities rap. I love black people. But I still use the word on a regular basis. Some white people are white trash, some Mexican's are spics, and some black people are *iggers.
Awright, fair enough, memory may be fuzzy on this one.