Neverheadz thought on: lamb of god????

Nevermore's got meshuggah riffs, jason becker solos, and judas priest vocals.

And they stole their song 'this sacrament' from the new Lamb of God album.

And there's more notes in any lamb of god song than in evolution 169, so LOG wins on technical ability.

Brooks said:
Nevermore's got meshuggah riffs, jason becker solos, and judas priest vocals.

And they stole their song 'this sacrament' from the new Lamb of God album.

And there's more notes in any lamb of god song than in evolution 169, so LOG wins on technical ability.

Credit down the drain. lol @ there are more notes.

That was nothing to do with technical ability.

If you want the total package of lyrics, musicianship, philosophy and depth - then you break out the Nevermore or Opeth.

BUT

If you just want pure American metal that pummels you from open to close, then LOG is the shit right now. They tear it up live and have no pretense or manufactured image. Every song has a killer riff in it, and there is no guitar/drummer combo out there that is as tight as the Adlers. The production of the drums on Sacrament is ungodly.....in the car or at home, those drums sound like bullets being fed thru a machine gun. My favorite band when I just want no-frills metal. They will kill Mega-Dave on Gigantour!

yeah man, it's like, why does anyone like any drummer these days? Or for that matter, but do they even bother putting drummers in bands anymore?

We all know they'll never top Bill Bruford.

IMHO Lamb of God is pretty good.

Though my range in taste of music is pretty vast.

I pretty much overuse the word pretty too.

Pretty lame, eh?

Chromatose said:
yeah man, it's like, why does anyone like any drummer these days? Or for that matter, but do they even bother putting drummers in bands anymore?

Funny. My point waas that Chris Adler is being put on a pedestal as a virtuoso, when he's clearly not.

Chromatose said:

Neil Peart!