Nevermore and Alice In Chains

Nicky007

License to groove
Jun 12, 2007
Copenhagen, DK
Nevermore don't like to be associated with grunge, but to my mind they have carried the sludgy sound of Alice In Chains over into metal. And that's great, cause I really go for that sound. AIC were my fave group for a while.

What do you guys think of this comparison ?

Nicky.

Guys, try to listen to e.g. Grind and Brush Away on AIC's tripod album. You'll find the same eerie-weerie sound as in Nevermore.

Nicky.

I love both bands immensely but I disagree. Two totally different bands, and I'm very familiar with both of their discographies.

Strange, aint it, how we can have so different takes. To me, the relationship is obvious. And no detraction to Nevermore; they just follow a great tradition. Nobody can convince me that the Nevermore guys didnt savor every note of AIC music.

Nicky.

I can kinda see where he's coming from. Instantly I thought of "Down In A Hole" and "The Lotus Eaters" simply because they both have that dark, bleak, slowness to them. Of course the songs are entirely different, but...also similar. Down In A Hole is a massively better song though. That's really all I can think of :loco: