Nevermore deserves more respect

NPYYZ

New Metal Member
Jun 17, 2005
I finally got to see one of my favorite Metal Bands, Nevermore the other night on the Gigantour in Portland, Maine. Nevermore is one of the best Metal bands around today and I feel they are not getting the respect they deserve. They had to play first and only had enough time to play 4 songs. Then the worst band I have ever heard in my life came on next, dillenger escape plan. How do you put a piece of shit band like this on after Nevermore? They should not even be playing in the same town as Nevermore. It's a shame, I'd like to see Nevermore drop from the Gigantour and go out on their own headlining.

They only got to play 4 songs, but they played them to perfection.

I've been saying for years they are the least respected band in metal...and they are the BEST American metal band out there, hands down!

We in the know realize just what we have in Nevermore...it's the double-edged sword: I want them to be able to live off their music, but I also selfishly want them to remain "my" band, for we real metalheads. Still, they deserve to get to live off their art, so I hope it happens for them!

Oh...and DEP isn't fit to eat my shit...horrible band on that bill!

NPYYZ said:
I finally got to see one of my favorite Metal Bands, Nevermore the other night on the Gigantour in Portland, Maine. Nevermore is one of the best Metal bands around today and I feel they are not getting the respect they deserve. They had to play first and only had enough time to play 4 songs. Then the worst band I have ever heard in my life came on next, dillenger escape plan. How do you put a piece of shit band like this on after Nevermore? They should not even be playing in the same town as Nevermore. It's a shame, I'd like to see Nevermore drop from the Gigantour and go out on their own headlining.

They only got to play 4 songs, but they played them to perfection.

It's fucking obvious that you don't understand Dillinger's music. It fucking rocks, so stfu. Furthermore, everyone who can listen to NM and loves metal has it in its top 5 list of bands. Gigantour is really good for the promoting, and I can't help that DEP is getting more attention (don't get me wrong, NM OWNS Dep but Dep still is pretty good compared to Green Day or something :loco: )

If Dep is the worst band you've ever heard, you don't listen to much music. Give it a chanche and it will grow on you (I've seen them live @ graspop and they were amazing.

Corsnor said:
NM OWNS Dep but Dep still is pretty good compared to Green Day or something :loco: )

Bad comparison...farting in a coffee can is better than Green Day, so that's a moot point.

and I have been listening to ALL metal for over 20-years...and, sorry, they suck!

I drove 3 hours to see them play on the Dead heart tour w/inflames and they only played for about 20 min. That's the only reason i'm bummed about gigantour. 30 min set. That's all i ever get to see 'em play

Man, you really pissed off a dillinger escape plan fan. I love when people get self righteous, because you don't like their favorite band they have to act like you made out with their momma or something

Where She Wept said:
I drove 3 hours to see them play on the Dead heart tour w/inflames and they only played for about 20 min. That's the only reason i'm bummed about gigantour. 30 min set. That's all i ever get to see 'em play

Man, you really pissed off a dillinger escape plan fan. I love when people get self righteous, because you don't like their favorite band they have to act like you made out with their momma or something

Eh? Lol? I'm not even a big fan or something, I just think that you can't judge them on 1 show (when I first listened to it I thought it was shit) but now I don't. Simple as that. "Setting fire to sleeping giants" is a real beauty.

I bet you don't listen to anything else than Metal like NM? because if that's so its not really open minded. I even listen to Keane and Saybia sometimes, wich are very good bands. As long as it's new and refreshing I try to listen to it.

LOLOL DEP SUX TEH FAT PEN15!!! ...I don't like it. No, sir, I do not. I totally agree that DEP is a bad band. Nevermore should brutally beat them one night. I say we replace DEP with a band MUCH more deserving....wait, don't replace them, give Nevermore a longer setlist! :)

what's wrong with DEP? They are admittingly for technical than Nevermore. I know Nevermore is just as talented as DEP, but DEP just showcases it a lot more and for their entire song....I guess that's where I have a hard time listening to them too. lol

But yeah Nevermore does deserve more respect, but I prefer them to remain a little unknown so I don't see all these 12 year olds wearing Nevermore shirts because they heard one song on the radio.....like Metallica?