Best Nevermore show...

Dead Winter

STAHP
Apr 30, 2002
Italy/US
The best performance of Nevermore that I've seen was at Metal Camp earlier this year. They always never fail to impress, but Warrel & Co. were really on their game. I sang along to every song word for word, note for note and IMO they were the best band of the entire festival...too bad they only had an hour to play.

What was the best Nevermore show you attended?

I remember when he said that in an interview about when you're really drunk and you think you're singing really well, when in all actuality you sound like shit, I thought to myself, "WHOA! THEY WERE THAT AWESOME AND STILL HALF-COCKED?"

I saw them just after TGE out in a tiny club. They played almost two hours (maybe more) the set list was storming and they tore the place apart. It was one of those 50-80 people, low ceiling sorta venues - it rocked.

I saw them just after TGE out in a tiny club. They played almost two hours (maybe more) the set list was storming and they tore the place apart. It was one of those 50-80 people, low ceiling sorta venues - it rocked.

I've never been to the Cathouse, and was unable to attend that show :)waah: :cry: ). Sounds like an awesome venue.

It wasn't the cathouse, it was Ivory Blacks. They advertised wrong. The Cathouse is owned by the G3 group, who have a literal hegemony over all the nightclubs in Glasgow. The result? Shitty bars, for cliched clientele and awful staff.

As a rule, the Cathouse is *ok* for gigs, I saw Exodus there and it was nice and cosy, Katatonia too. That said, the bouncers are complete cunts, the place in general treats you like a 15yr old kid with an attitude problem and the ale is expensive. All of this bullshit has just got worse since they renovated the place and are now aimed at whatever "alternative" trend is in the ascendency.

In short: It sucks AND fuck the G3 group. Independently owned bars/clubs owned by people that care about the place, the customers and what goes on there for the absolute fucking win.

It wasn't the cathouse, it was Ivory Blacks. They advertised wrong. The Cathouse is owned by the G3 group, who have a literal hegemony over all the nightclubs in Glasgow. The result? Shitty bars, for cliched clientele and awful staff.

As a rule, the Cathouse is *ok* for gigs, I saw Exodus there and it was nice and cosy, Katatonia too. That said, the bouncers are complete cunts, the place in general treats you like a 15yr old kid with an attitude problem and the ale is expensive. All of this bullshit has just got worse since they renovated the place and are now aimed at whatever "alternative" trend is in the ascendency.

In short: It sucks AND fuck the G3 group. Independently owned bars/clubs owned by people that care about the place, the customers and what goes on there for the absolute fucking win.

Well that was soul destroying. :lol: ''Cliched clientel...awful staff...bouncers are complete cunts.'' - I find these to be all-too-prevalent in most clubs I've been to. And bouncers are always pricks at metal gigs, seriously.

The second paragraph I QFT. And I've never even heard of Ivory Blacks. :erk:

It's down and round the corner from the Cathouse, if you know where solid rock is, then it's just across the road, heading away from the city centre. It's a sleazy little place, holds alot of gigs, but none too special - except the Nevermore one last year.

Nevermore, Dew-Scented and Mercenary was a really good tour.

Think I know where solid rock is. Surprising though, I had no idea Nevermore would be playing a venue that small.

And yeah, you're telling me, would've loved to have seen Dew-Scented.

One of my faves was when they finally played something from 'Dreaming...' and Beyond Within was heavy :)

The show they did in London in the middle of recording 'TGE' was killer too, even though no-one knew the new songs, and Loomis kept having guitar/amp problems.

I saw them in Milano one time and for the female vocal part of Dreaming Neon Black, they brought out Cristina Scabbia. Awesome.

One of my faves was when they finally played something from 'Dreaming...' and Beyond Within was heavy :)

The show they did in London in the middle of recording 'TGE' was killer too, even though no-one knew the new songs, and Loomis kept having guitar/amp problems.

That wouldn't be because it's a Krank, would it? Juuuuuuuust kidding. Great sounding amps, although I've heard their business sense is kinda shady. A while back they put a fake review of their products on Harmony Central...tsk tsk.

I know theres alot of people here that have seen them everytime ,every tour or know them personally
for me
hard to pick one so I shall say 3
1: Nov 05 one of 40 fans to see Nevermore that dark cold night (talk about front row )

2: Seattle's DVD filming

3:Gigantour 05 singing Happy Birthday to Dave Mustaine w/Nevermore (1st time I met the guys )