Nevermore/Firewind

Son of Metalman

No Visible Cheesegraters
May 26, 2001
Hitchin
The Underworld actually had fantastic sound tonight! I was amazingly impressed. I actually paid for the tickets for me and my dad to go, there really is a first time for everything!

Firewind are where Dream Evil should have gone after Dragonslayer, it's straight up kicking power metal! First time playing on these shores as well (except for Gus G who played a couple times with Dream Evil) and they performed mightily. I thought I may have expended my headbanging power but I was fine!

I haven't heard much Nevermore but they were good supporting Arch Enemy, and their sound was extremely tight tonight. Think Primal Fear but darker (perhaps? can't think of a good likeliness offhand) but with the vocals of Four Way Kill, sort of. Very enjoyable anyways, I rocked out like it was 1986! And they played new material NEVER BEFORE HEARD LIVE. We were the lucky few! And it was superb.

All in all I had a great time, except for the loudmouth wife-beater ticket-hopper on the train home. He was a proper cunt, and should burn in hell.

ROCK ON, Tommy Vance RIP 2005