Nevermore Guitarist Hits Close To Home

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
Guitarist From Nevermore Hits Close To Home

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow I just read on Bravewords the followung:

NEVERMORE Guitarist Steve Smyth Forced To Sit Out European Festivals
2006-05-30 21:07:37

NEVERMORE/DRAGONLORD guitarist Steve Smyth has posted the following message at his official website:

"It is with deep regret that I will not be able to perform at any of European festivals over the next week with Nevermore, as I am now in hospital being treated with dialysis. The total kidney failure that I thought was a few months away has already happened. I am extremely disappointed with this situation, but there is nothing I can do. I wish the guys in Nevermore all the best and hope that as many of you fans as possible give them your support in Europe."

As previously reported, Smyth has been diagnosed with CKD.

To those unaware CKD stands for Chronic Kidney Disease. As a dialysis patient myself it could be that Steve may be ok. Since I have complete kidney failure (AKD) Acute Kidney Failure, mine are not functioning at all but it sounds like his are somewhat. My hope is that these treatments will only be needed for a short time but again I am no doctor. All I can do is pray for him and be in awe that someone would continue doing what he is doing in the shape he is in.

everyday Steve is in my thoughts and I wish I could magically pull a kidney out or wave a wand and he'd be okay. Sadly this can't happen but I will keep sending lot of love, good thoughts and prayers his way.

The_Q said:
To those unaware CKD stands for Chronic Kidney Disease. As a dialysis patient myself it could be that Steve may be ok. Since I have complete kidney failure (AKD) Acute Kidney Failure, mine are not functioning at all but it sounds like his are somewhat. My hope is that these treatments will only be needed for a short time but again I am no doctor. All I can do is pray for him and be in awe that someone would continue doing what he is doing in the shape he is in.

He's got end-stage failure, sadly. He'll need a transplant.