Nevermore in Brazil [ Live 'n' Louder Fest ]

Hi there, folks!
(No posts about this festival yet, so I just thought "WtF?")

I'm looking forward to this event, as I checked on every source possible (and trustworthy) that Nevermore is really confirmed for this year's edition. Now I just need to check with the band dudes here... :D Steve, Warrel, Jeff, how are things going for this gig?

For the brazilian fellas out there, see you guys next month!

Cheers.

P.S.: I'm a little outdated here, but what happened to the old Stevesmyth.com forum? :err:

The Brazil date is on the Nevermore website still, but the rumor I heard is that it's not 100 percent confirmed yet. If it does confirm I might have to go since I missed the Seattle and the Bockum dvd taping!!!! Booo.

P.S. Steve's forum is now on Ultimate Metal

P.P.S. Chris Broderick is now touring with Nevermore

Aw, fuck it. I missed their gigs here on 2001, won't risk missing them again.

Will Chris be touring with the band untill October? That will be kick ass! (although I was curious to check out Steve live...)
Any chance they will play JP's 'The Scarlet Letter'? :headbang:

Steph, thanks for the info, dude.

See ya.

note that steph is a chick
have fun people.
And sepultura and nevermore on the same bill, lucky brazillians:p

Yesterday, at Live 'N' Louder, Nevermore just kicked some major b*tt!!!
Seriously, was on of my top 5 concerts ever!
The set was (not in any particular order):

Final Product
Next in Line
Narcosynthesis
Inside Four Walls
The Heart Collector
Enemies of Reality
I, Voyager
Born
This Godless Endeavor

So we had ourselves a mini-bochum!

Was a short yet VERY powerful set... loved it!

Later, I will post some pictures!

Hi there!

Well, gonna add some order to it:

Final Product
Narcosynthesis
Next in Line
Inside Four Walls
Heart Collector
Enemies of Reality
Born
I, Voyager
This Godless Endeavour

I went fuckin' NUTS! Sang and banged the whole set, I couldn't believe my eyes and ears...

The band was top notch. Jeff and Chris were amazing on guitars, Warrel's singing was great and Van and Jim were tightly holding it all together. Amazing. :worship: :worship:
Funny part: on Jeff's solo for (I think) I, Voyager, Chris was laying the rhythm on the wrong key, then quickly realized it, smiled, looked at Jeff on the left side and kept on rocking. Excellent! :p

So we had ourselves a mini-bochum! (...) Was a short yet VERY powerful set

Indeed!
Trubasarab, you know if they were recording this too? Anyone?

Oh, heard some comments that on the VIP area (right in front/beneath the stage) other bands' members gathered to watch nevermore's set... :headbang:

Congratulations for the band, you guys were great.

See ya,

Blakk Axe, that's true, ppl from After Forever / Sepultura gathered to watch Nevermore! :D

trubasarab said:
Blakk Axe, that's true, ppl from After Forever / Sepultura gathered to watch Nevermore! :D
i hope that andreas will be inspired by jeff to play desperate cry on the us tour, and practice his ass off for the next album and throw away all roots cds he has.
That is a pretty nice festival setlist, and it is interesting they replaced river dragon with heart collector.
btw, what was sepultura's setlist?
How did the crowd react to nevermore's set?

lordofthesewers said:
i hope that andreas will be inspired by jeff to play desperate cry on the us tour, and practice his ass off for the next album and throw away all roots cds he has.
That is a pretty nice festival setlist, and it is interesting they replaced river dragon with heart collector.
btw, what was sepultura's setlist?
How did the crowd react to nevermore's set?

I was hoping they would play River Dragon, that's one of my favorites...
But Heart Collector was phenomenal, with everyone singing together.

Personally I think this set list was intense and showed some of the various aspects of the band, sound-wise. We had fast, in your face songs, power ballads, 'hits', and deep, intricate songs there. For the people who didn't know nevermore, it was a hell of a showcase.

The crowd was somewhat cold... seemed like not everyone was into their sound. There were moments where they would go insane, mosh pits, jumping and everything, but mostly ppl would stand still watching (amazed by their technical skills?).
I was having a ball, didn't care much about the rest. Sang the whole set as loud as I could... :p
After the gig I heard lots of good comments about their set, including a girl who told me she was going to get some of their cds, " 'cos this show was fuckin awesome". :headbang:

Sepultura's set was brutal. I had seen them before, but this gig was just over the top. They played a few songs from the new record, and the songs work really nice live. The set is as follows (taken from their official site):

Dark Wood of Error
Refuse/Resist
Convicted in Life
False
Dead Embryonic Cells
Ostia
Crown & Miter
Choke
Buried Words
Troops of Doom
Beneath the Remains
Slave New World
Territory
Arise
Come Back Alive
Roots Bloody Roots

If you have the chance to see them, go for it.

See ya!

Blakk Axe said:
Dark Wood of Error
Refuse/Resist
Convicted in Life
False
Dead Embryonic Cells
Ostia
Crown & Miter
Choke
Buried Words
Troops of Doom
Beneath the Remains
Slave New World
Territory
Arise
Come Back Alive
Roots Bloody Roots

If you have the chance to see them, go for it.

See ya!
+

Blakk Axe said:
Final Product
Narcosynthesis
Next in Line
Inside Four Walls
Heart Collector
Enemies of Reality
Born
I, Voyager
This Godless Endeavour
that is a fucking awesome combination for one show. It is good that Nevermore is playing Next in Line way more often than they used to do, and that sepultura DEC, arise and beneath the remains in full versions at shows.
Btw who played first nevermore or the seps?

P.P.S. Chris Broderick is (right) now "filling in for Steve", touring with Nevermore,
"as Steve was diagnosed with kidney failure back in May 2006, and is unable to tour in his present condition."
Thought I would help you out, by correctly_ putting the info where it's lacking_, Steph. :Smug:
Carry on.:rolleyes:
Sorry I couldn't make it there Blakk Axe & trubasarab! Someday!:headbang: This is the 4th time I "would have" gone there( 3 were on the books with Testament, but things didn't pan out), but unfortunately, this wasn't my time as well. But,there's always the future though, isn't there?
Bye for now, folks.:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Blakk Axe said:
I went fuckin' NUTS! Sang and banged the whole set, I couldn't believe my eyes and ears...

The band was top notch. Jeff and Chris were amazing on guitars, Warrel's singing was great and Van and Jim were tightly holding it all together. Amazing. :worship: :worship:
Funny part: on Jeff's solo for (I think) I, Voyager, Chris was laying the rhythm on the wrong key, then quickly realized it, smiled, looked at Jeff on the left side and kept on rocking. Excellent! :p

Indeed!
Trubasarab, you know if they were recording this too? Anyone?

Oh, heard some comments that on the VIP area (right in front/beneath the stage) other bands' members gathered to watch nevermore's set... :headbang:

Congratulations for the band, you guys were great.

Glad you had a good time man! Everyone deservs to see their favorite band at least *once*! :cool:
To see Nevermore in Brazil could have been so sweet, I wish I was there!!!
:kickass:

Hey Steve, don't sweat it!
Sure there will be other opportunities, festivals and such. We have a huge Nevermore following here in brazil, so it won't be hard for you guys to come again. And we'll be waiting... :Spin:

Hope you feel better real soon!

--

Lioness, thanks!
That was such a blast, I'll remember this for years to come.

See ya, fellas.

Steve Smyth said:

P.P.S. Chris Broderick is (right) now "filling in for Steve", touring with Nevermore,
Thought I would help you out, by correctly_ putting the info where it's lacking_, Steph. :Smug:
Carry on.:rolleyes:

Ummmm....did I say anything that wasn't true? A little sensative aren't we?