Nevermore on warped tour? Whats goin oin here?

xr

New Metal Member
Feb 18, 2002
Columbus, OH
www.cryaboutit.com
Im just a little confused about why nevermore would play one of the worst tours in recent years. This information comes from the century media USA newsletter i got today.

NEVERMORE - Warped Tour
7/20 The Gorge - Quincy, WA
7/22 Oscar Park - Billings, MT
7/23 Dome Field - Fargo, ND

??

Originally posted by antifayth
WHAT?!?!?!?! NOOOOOOO

they are way to good to play that tour....
this cant be good.... cant...
Nevermore ARE way too good to be on a stupid tour like that!!!!!
Warped Tour is what Papa Roach and Blink-182 and Green Day and Good Charlotte play-IT'S FUCKING PUNK SHIT!!!!!!!!!!This MUST be a mistake.

it's a punk rock/skater tour. Plays a lot of punk and ska stuff. It's actually listed on the Century Media page in the tour section. But then again, after the east coast dates they were *supposed* to do at the end of last year, who knows what CM is up to.

I can't see any band on the Warped lineup that would be even a remote match for Nevermore.

Way to go..i like skate shit too, if it rocks, and their's babes why not....
IT ALL ABOUT HAVING A GOOD TIME AND HOOKING UP WITH EVERYONE....PISSED OUT OF YOUR SKULL....

10/10

WHY NOT...

THAT MEANS NEVERMORE ARE TYPE CASTED.

Originally posted by true light
THAT MEANS NEVERMORE ARE TYPE CASTED.

:lol: :lol:

I heard something about this warped tour, i'm still having a hard time accepting. Warped Tour is TOTAL shit, i don't understand how the fuck Century Media is getting bands on there, or why. Fuck dude, what the hell is going on?!?!?!?

:puke::puke:

Yeah That does sound a little odd. Nevermore playing with punk/pop rock bands?!?!?!?
But any chance to see Nevermore is a good thing.
They'd definitely blow all the other bands out of the water.

Well,Nevermore might blow all of those punk bands out of the water...or they may(most likely)just scare the hell outta those stupid little pussies.You know them-if a song is more than 3 minutes long,uses more than 3 chords, or has lyrics that are about more than meeting girls at rock shows/asking what their age is(again)/"fuck athority",etc. then it is useless and corperate. Nevermore will go onto the Warped Tour stage,start into one of their totally killer songs and all of their talent will be totally wasted on the skater-punks.

I think it's great. Anything that exposes Nevermore to new fans is good for them. As long as they don't change their sound to appease the new audiences that they play for, what difference could it possibly make who they tour with?

GZ

i agree wit' homie'z three postz above.

as a fan, do you REALLY expect nevermore to become stagnant and not try to reach out to more people? i mean, sure, they are too good for this tour, but what is the problem with them kicking the shit out of a bunch of punk fans? it's not like they have anything to lose by playing the tour. we all know that their next album won't be punk.

so why worry? sure, they will gain some fans, but where is the harm? maiden have sold millions and millions of records, yet they are adored by a vast majority of *true* metal fans. they never sold out, they never changed their sound to gain more fans.

i think the truth is that us fans are selfish of our band(s). we want them to be OUR band, and any "mallcore" fans they might attract, the less devotion we show towards our beloved group. we should be glad they've opted to reach more people in this way.

however, if "enemies of reality" comes out sounding like sum-41, i may shange my mind. . . ;)