Nevermore Singer Drunk on Stage

Gnash

Lefty
Mar 29, 2006
Warrensburg, MO
www.threatsignal.com
I checked out In Flames with Nevermore, Throwdown, and Evergray, Monday, May 15 at the Granada in Lawrence, Kansas. Everyone's set ruled, but Nevermore's was cut short. Nevermore's singer, Warrel Dane, was just beyond wasted on stage! I mean, it wasn't Phil Anselmo "Let me see those goddamn hands" drunk, it was "Fuck all you mother fucking bitches" drunk! It was so fucking hilarious! He would slur his way through one line of a verse, then jump into the crowd, flinging his microphone wherever it landed! Hell, I caught it once! He must have jumped into the crowd 20 times! He was calling jeff Loomis and the crowd "Bitches" between every song. I think four songs total! Finally, his mic channel was muted! The last song actually sounded badass as an instrumental! He was drunkingly hanging all over Jeff Loomis. Loomis was shielding himself with his Schecter, and shoving the singer away. The singer would then call him a bitch! Jeff Loomis was Pissed! He never missed a note though. His anger seemed to give him more fire! Loomis is a fierce mother fucking player! I hate to rip on people, but I have to call Dane out on this one!

Gnash said:
I checked out In Flames with Nevermore, Throwdown, and Evergray, Monday, May 15 at the Granada in Lawrence, Kansas. Everyone's set ruled, but Nevermore's was cut short. Nevermore's singer, Warrel Dane, was just beyond wasted on stage! I mean, it wasn't Phil Anselmo "Let me see those goddamn hands" drunk, it was "Fuck all you mother fucking bitches" drunk! It was so fucking hilarious! He would slur his way through one line of a verse, then jump into the crowd, flinging his microphone wherever it landed! Hell, I caught it once! He must have jumped into the crowd 20 times! He was calling jeff Loomis and the crowd "Bitches" between every song. I think four songs total! Finally, his mic channel was muted! The last song actually sounded badass as an instrumental! He was drunkingly hanging all over Jeff Loomis. Loomis was shielding himself with his Schecter, and shoving the singer away. The singer would then call him a bitch! Jeff Loomis was Pissed! He never missed a note though. His anger seemed to give him more fire! Loomis is a fierce mother fucking player! I hate to rip on people, but I have to call Dane out on this one!

Damn rock stars...hhaha

On a serious note that is the kind of stuff that breaks bands up...

Gnash said:
I hate to rip on people, but I have to call Dane out on this one!

How 'bout calling him out on the Nevermore forum? :ill:

Besides, this is fucking rock and roll. It wouldn't be the same if there wasn't a bit of unpredictability in the mix.

Mendel said:
i thought he got over his drinkin problem

Yeah, I thought so too. This isn't good. I've witnessed Warrell doing some pretty stupid things drunk, such as the infamous Billy Milano incident (which forced Nevermore to cancel their show at November to Dismember in 2000), as well as his bizzarre antics the night of the Century Media Tenth Anniversarry DVD filming. That was years ago though... it was funny then, but not now.

That's really weird about Warrel being drunk like that. Through friends of mine who work venues in Seattle here, last year I remember hearing about how Warrel had been in the hospital for a while because he had completely fried his liver with alcohol, and his doctor apparently told him that if he ever drank again, at all, that there was a good chance that he would die from alcohol poisoning. Ever since then, he always was carrying a water bottle and drinking a lot of coffe...so in light of all that, I can't imagine why he would have been drinking at all, let alone be drunk.

yeah, it sounds kinda weird to me, too.

" I mean, it wasn't Phil Anselmo "Let me see those goddamn hands" drunk, it was "Fuck all you mother fucking bitches" drunk! It was so fucking hilarious! He would slur his way through one line of a verse, then jump into the crowd, flinging his microphone wherever it landed! Hell, I caught it once! He must have jumped into the crowd 20 times! He was calling jeff Loomis and the crowd "Bitches" between every song. I think four songs total! Finally, his mic channel was muted! The last song actually sounded badass as an instrumental! He was drunkingly hanging all over Jeff Loomis. Loomis was shielding himself with his Schecter, and shoving the singer away. The singer would then call him a bitch! Jeff Loomis was Pissed! "
well, that's pretty basic stuff...i could post stories you wouldn't believe....guys falling off the stage, slapping each other, moshing on stage.....aaah, good times :lol:

metalkingdom said:
How 'bout calling him out on the Nevermore forum? :ill:

Besides, this is fucking rock and roll. It wouldn't be the same if there wasn't a bit of unpredictability in the mix.

Man, I could care less what fucking forum! I dig the band just as much as anyone else. I paid to see one of the baddest guitarists on earth rip ass, and I get fucked because some asshole can't fucking control himself in front of 1000 people! I know everyone has a bad night! I know I've had them! I thougt it was fucking hilarious, but at the same time, I drove 200 fucking miles to lame, bullshit Kansas to see this band. Man it's one thing to be a little loaded on stage, but you can't be fucking belligerent to your audience, and expect a good review! I mean, your playing a show for people who are supporting your career! Hey, I would go see them again, as long as Loomis is in the band, headlining or supporting, drunk singer, I couldn't give a fuck really!

I love nevermore but this is absolutely stupid, my self or anyone in here who works a regular job would be shit canned in a heartbeat for drinking while working. this is the only profession that tolerates it...save the getting fucked up bullshit for after the show...im sure he could have waited an hour till their set was done............
just my 2 cents:erk:

Hearing this is very odd. I think I'll wait for the official word.. I think the band won't be left with much choice but to release a statement if negative comments from all corners of the web start coming in.

I was under the impression that Warrel was getting better, but relapses I suppose are hardly rare, if that's indeed what it was.

jeff told me he wasnt drinking on this tour, and they made it public that they had a dry bus in an interview a while back. this is odd...part of me doesnt believe it, but why would this man lie in this thread?

Gnash said:
Man, I could care less what fucking forum! I dig the band just as much as anyone else. I paid to see one of the baddest guitarists on earth rip ass, and I get fucked because some asshole can't fucking control himself in front of 1000 people! I know everyone has a bad night! I know I've had them! I thougt it was fucking hilarious, but at the same time, I drove 200 fucking miles to lame, bullshit Kansas to see this band. Man it's one thing to be a little loaded on stage, but you can't be fucking belligerent to your audience, and expect a good review! I mean, your playing a show for people who are supporting your career! Hey, I would go see them again, as long as Loomis is in the band, headlining or supporting, drunk singer, I couldn't give a fuck really!
If you don't care, then why all the drama? I mean, on point you're right, but your delivery just comes across as a bit... over the top.

I just hope he will be fine and give up that shit. People should support him instead of judging him.

I was there, and it's true. The band was tight as hell but Warrell screwed it up for those of us who are big time fans. Some didn't seem to be upset, that's cool but my buddy and I were let down. I had never witnessed anything on stage like that before and hope to see the full band at some point AND WD sober. James McDonough apologized to me during In Flames' set but wtf...what can He say. Tom Englund of Evergrey told me what happened was tragic...and I agree.

That's fucking lame and unprofessional, but it's not that big of a deal unless it becomes a regular occurence.

On a side note, when you've been known to drink as much as Warrell has over the years, and lose a ton of weight as Warrell has, alcohol effects you differently than it once did.