Nevermore Singer Drunk on Stage

A friend of Warrel posted on the Neverboard that something happend earlier in the day that fucked up his head and that's why he did it. I'm very sorry for Warrel, alcoholism is a terrible thing for everyone involved. I hope this is just a one time thing and he's okay.

Nevermore :kickass:

Man, back when all the Swedish bands were starting to get some sizeable tours in the US, I remember Nevermore getting respect just cuz they could drink with the Swedes and match `em... this, obviously, is unfortuneately the next level of it... and sucks.

WD is a killer dude... hung with him numerous times, and at one time, discussed wrestling strategy, while he and Jim had their own Wrestlemania on the tour bus... it was hysterical.. that's drunken fun... what seems to have occurred, is not.

Hope he clears his shit up.

J

Actually, credit WD and Jim for having heard my old demo, and recommend I talk to Andy about shit back in like... man... 2001 or something. Back when Mark ran this forum, instead of Metal Ages, and I used to bug Andy in email and IM form about music shit all the time, and recommended he get this here forum... so, there you go.

6 degrees to Kevin Bacon =P

J

Its called Hypoglycemia. its obvious. get the man a decent meal.

he's probably taking his insulin on an empty stomach..which totally fucks up your glucogen levels. and makes you act liek an inebriated psychopath. I know...my cousin does it all the time.

I hope Warrell will come to his senses...
I'm really disappointed to hear he drinks again, he performed so well in Ljubljana in spite of his cold and I've seen footage where he couldn't finish one line for being drunk as a skunk...

He was really getting better and I hope he'll ditch that alcohol shit again.

SickBoy said:
I'm really disappointed to hear he drinks again, he performed so well in Ljubljana in spite of his cold and I've seen footage where he couldn't finish one line for being drunk as a skunk...

Are you sure it was a cold, and not booze?

dreamcatcher said:
Yeah, I thought it was Milano who was drunk and Dane needed the ER...

While I could elaborate on the details quite a bit, I don't want to needlessly drag this (old) incident through the mud, least of all on Andy's forum. Basically Warrel said something to Billy that was in very poor taste, and Billy punched him. I doubt Warrel would have said it if he'd been sober is my only point (and he had definitely been drinking that day.)

I just hope he's able to stay sober, and I wish for the best for him and Nevermore! :headbang:

Kazrog said:
While I could elaborate on the details quite a bit, I don't want to needlessly drag this (old) incident through the mud, least of all on Andy's forum. Basically Warrel said something to Billy that was in very poor taste, and Billy punched him. I doubt Warrel would have said it if he'd been sober is my only point (and he had definitely been drinking that day.)

I just hope he's able to stay sober, and I wish for the best for him and Nevermore! :headbang:
I think there's also a pic of WD waving at Milano as the police are taking him away.

Nevermore Singer Drunk on Stage

isnt that kind of like saying Nevermore Singer on Stage:headbang:

Wow! Sorry to bump this TWO year old thread haha..but I accidentally found it while i was searching for something else. I just wanted to say that I was at this show too. Me and a friend drove 2 hours to see In Flames and discover Evergrey (awesome live BTW). I was 19 at the time and I had only heard some tracks from Enemies of Reality (not Andy's remix).

After this show, I never wanted to hear Nevermore again (and I still haven't :Smug:) Warrel Dane was disgusting but it was one of the most memorable performances i had ever seen, we never laughed so hard in a show, but I did understand he was beyond intoxicated. He was knocking over the cymbals, the OHs and fucking with everyone on stage..including that brilliant guitarist of theirs, Jeff Loomis, as I now know of him. Completely professional..while their vocalist was a joke. He couldn't hit any notes, so it's no surprise they cut the mic near the end. Anyway, I've read some about these guys since and I understand they're widely recognized for their talent. But it just goes to show that an awful performance by one member could have a big negative impact. I know these kinds of things happen, but people remember things like this..especially when they're headlining.

Just wanted to share my thoughts on this ancient thread!

Ok, I think the same way about drinking before going on stage as Pantera: Its good in moderate use, but too much of the "goodstuff" will just end up bad.

Edit:

Ive seen Entombed live, when L.G. Petrov threw his micstand over the drums, tearing all the mics down!
And between the songs he would shout at boats passing by, because they didnt pay(Metaltown-sweden, dont remember the year.)!
Although I would actually be quite bummed out if I went to an Entombed gig and Petrov was sober. :lol: