NEVERMORE: 'STEVE SMYTH Was The Missing Link In Our Dysfunctional Brotherhood'

Will Bozarth

Everlasting Godstopper
Jan 26, 2002
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
NEVERMORE: 'STEVE SMYTH Was The Missing Link In Our Dysfunctional Brotherhood' - Apr. 29, 2004

NEVERMORE have issued an official statement confirming former TESTAMENT axeman Steve Smyth as the group's new second guitarist. The statement reads as follows:

"After touring since 1995 with a number of different guitarists in the second slot NEVERMORE are happy to announce that we have added Steve Smyth on a permanent basis, the revolving door has been retired! After awhile touring with Steve it became obvious to us that he was the missing link in our dysfunctional brotherhood! So now we approach the future officially as a five-piece band!"

Smyth, whose departure from TESTAMENT was exclusively reported here on April 20, took part in the filming of NEVERMORE's video for the track "I, Voyager", off their most recent album, "Enemies Of Reality".

Steve Smyth should be an excellent addition to the band. Him and Jeff form an excellent guitar duo.

does steve smyth really have any writing credits besides dragonlord though? i like jeff writing all the guitar parts..i guess we'll just have to see if this will have any drastic changes to the nevermore sound..

The first thing I ever heard WD say about Steve was "He's one of us." I think I'd take that as an insult, but after hangin' with Steve a bit I totally understand what he meant.

CONGRATS DUDE!!! You're in for a hella of a fun time. (If your liver survives!)

I just gotta say congrats to Steve, if, of course, this is what he truly wants to do. And hey, he said he'd call me and never did! A couple trips out of the Bay Area and he turns into an asshole! :D :D

Hmmm.... will Stevie be selling (giving) his 6 string BC Rich's (to me)? ;)

It's official! Wow....gotta let my mate Kristy know as she has been friends w/Steve ever since he was playing in a garage lol.....she'll be pleased! I hope he does well with Nevermore and that many rocking things come out of this \m/

ahahahahah Steph!
its good news! (i knew it would happen...it was just pointing in that direction..) he fit so well with them! i cant wait to hear new stuff with Steve!

Thanks my metal maiden Pabla and of course I am very, very happy 'bout Steve's new gig! one edit on your post, not actually playing in a garage....but Ariah kicked ass! Too bad I'm also missing some Sweet Leaf shows!! o_O For sure cannot wait to see Smyth and Nevermore on their Summer Tour and hey...pssst...Steve, bring Symphorce with ya!!! :headbang: So, break a leg, jam a toe whatever, just keep shreddin'!! xoxo