NEVERMORE To "Fight Fire" On Upcoming METALLICA Tribute CD - Apr. 29, 2002

found this for when Nevermore covered Ride the Lightning:

"Nevermore: The River Dragon has Come, This Sacrament, The Heart Collector, Narcosynthesis, Ophidian / Beyond Within, Engines of Hate, Sound of Silence (Simon and Garfunkel), Enemies of Reality (Testament cover), Dead Heart in a Dead World, Ride the Lightning (Metallica).

The Seattle outfit Nevermore are a band that I've been keen to see again since they played as part of the 'Metal Odyssey' at the Astoria in April 200. On the festival stage they were rather hampered by a poor sound and singer Warrel Dane's exhortations to the crowd to first of all start a violent mosh-pit, and later on to invade the stage, seemed rather pathetic and out of place at what had been a good natured and friendly festival.

The set list concentrated very much on material from their latest album 'Dead Heart In A Dead World' and their version of 'Sound of Silence' would have had hard-core Simon and Garfunkel fans running for the hills. They also threw in two aggressive covers of Testament and Metallica, revealing their thrash roots, and finished with thirty or forty members of the audience around them on the stage. A good band, but in this mood, really not my thing."
http://www.elrose.co.uk/Interviews___Gigs/bang_your_head_festival_2002.html

It's funny that the guy thought that Enemies was a Testament cover.

And with all that tremelo, the 7 string will get muddy for sure... Hey jeff, hows about using a real guitar? :err:

That guitar is anything but muddy. I can't speak for his but I have a diamond series made version of it and it sounds excellent still so I'm guessing his custom shop sounds spectacular... I thought it would be dorky to have a sig guitar and it is, but damn it's awesome, makes working all those hours worth it.

The ash and maple plus the extended scale mean if anything it's a bright guitar.

If you don't believe me try one and if it still sounds muddy well... I'm going to have to call you crazy.

they played it once or twice in Europe at some fests....

Yup, at the Bang Your Head festival, 26th of june 2002, Germany.
I remember that even the security guys were singing along. One big feast!

01.jpg

05.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

come on guys, even the TITLE says 2002

Haha! Wow, I'm lame...

Going have to retract my statement then... Yeah the Hellraiser if he was using that back then can get a little muddy if your not careful. It's got a good mid range growl though.