Nevermore vs dungeon

I'd say they are power metal.....american power metal anyways.
With thrash elements.

You guys are thinking of euro power metal.
difference

american-nasty savage, metal church, iced earth
euro-rhapsody, guardian, stratovarious

Now that I've found Dungeon I can cast Nevermore aside. I can't think of a more original band than Dungeon. Damn those vocals, guitar riffs and double bass drums sound so like nothing I've heard before... :devil:

Now that I've heard Dungeon

can't really compare them to Nevermore...well, you can, but they aren't that similar.

theyre euro power, got helloween influence, reminds me of kamelot maybe, or adagio/lost horizon
mostly helloween is what Im hearing

anyway, nevermore is still better in my books....more unique/innovative

but I really appreciate their mention cause it caused me to check out their music, which I enjoy very much :)

OK. Let an Australian weigh into this debate.
For all those unenlightened creatures out there, Dungeon are an incredibly talented Power Metal band from Sydney Australia, with 5 albums to their name and many major supports to their resume. Ya'll can fidn more info about them at either www.dungeon.cd or at the Dungeon Forum in the Ultimate Metal Forums homepage.
Now that is out of the way, I's think ya'll cannot compare two bands like Dungeon and Nevermore!
Both are fantastic in their own ways. Both incorporate thrash and power styles within their songs (listen to Rise To Power for Dungeon style thrash :headbang: ). And both bands put on an awesome live show (but I's have to say that Dungeon are better on stage, having seen almost every gig they've done in Canberra for the past 2 years and a few of their Sydney shows). But they are still very different bands with unique playing and vocal styles.
But one thing is for certain:
Both Dungeon and Nevermore rock in the extreme! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
That is all The Pimp has to say on this matter.
Peace
The Pimp NeonBlack

PS.
If ya'll go to the Dungeon website and download either of their video clips, ya'll might actually catch a sight of The Pimp.
Just keep your peepers peeled for a very, very pale shirtless man with a thick black beard. And is so pale that the stage lights reflect of hsi skin.
That should be I.

Wow, here's something to stumble across! HAHA!

I gotta agree with what everyone has said so far, we're really nothing much like Nevermore! We have much more elements of euro PM than they do, but we do share the same sort of aggressive element...

IOfTheStorm - there's a reason you haven't heard of us so far and that's called Australia. I love this country but getting an album out overseas to the world market is next to impossible, let alone touring to promote it! But if you have a look at the LMP site (http://www.limb-music.de) you'll see that we're one of the few metal bands to do this here.

That's not a dig at anyone by the way, just setting the record straight there. And thanx to everyone who said cool stuff about us! :)

Stevo said:
We also played with Nevermore on their last Australian tour. :D

Ya'll even got thanked in the Dead Heart In A Dead World linenotes for your work. Be proud, boys. Ya'll been acknowledged by greatness. . . Well, by Nevermore at any rate. :D
Keep up the good work and maybe the Yanks will be singing more of your praises.
Peace
The Pimp NeonBlack

IOfTheStorm - there's a reason you haven't heard of us so far and that's called Australia.
No thats not the reason , after all there are 2 bands from australia that i like very very very very much:
Vauxdvihl
Alarum
I downloaded the "Insanity's fall" song of your band and it is ok it reminded me some Vicious Rumors mainly , some Brainstorm and early Helloween, the rythm section is tiring , all today's power metal bands use this rythm section , really monotonous thing ..

I'd have to ask if you've heard of Infernal Method, Daysend, Psycroptic, Astriaal, Vanishing Point, Alchemist, Crimsonfire and Black Steel (just to name a few) as well... if you said no to most of these bands, then I rest my case - it's Australia. Every one of those bands are absolutely world class but once again, no one really gets to hear about them outside of the country.

Vanishing Point even toured Europe with Gamma Ray and Sonata Arctica but their profile is a lot less than a lot of Euro bands, simply 'cos they're not over there all the time promoting themselves and touring.

And please don't judge us and base our style on one song. Yes, we do have elements of traditional PM in a lot of our music, we make no excuse for that and I'm certainly not apologising. But if you take the time to listen to everything we do, it ranges from glam to progressive to thrash to melodic death in places.

That would be like me only listening Nevermore's slowest song and saying I think they sound like a doom band. Obviously not true.