new _actual time_ CD released - prog/metal/fusion/mathrock/???

scott from _actual time_

New Metal Member
Feb 11, 2002
www.his.com
The second _actual time_ CD "time frame" is now available for order from the band. Check the _actual time_ home page for ordering info. The URL changed last summer, it is now: http://www.his.com/sha3u/time/ . Our e-mail changed last summer too; it is now: actualtime@his.com .

Two full tracks from "time frame" are up on the _actual time_ page at mp3.com: http://www.mp3.com/actualtime/ . Check them out if you have not already.

Cheers.

scott, brad, tom

Bump...

I got the CDs in. Excellent stuff. The only complaints I have are a) they're not long enough, I want more technical goodness :) and b) the packaging is a little weak. Other than that, damn this is some great shit. Everyone, check these guys out if you haven't; you won't be disappointed. And, Scott, thanks for the Paypal option, that really sped up the whole ordering process.

Originally posted by jimbobhickville
I got the CDs in. Excellent stuff. The only complaints I have are a) they're not long enough, I want more technical goodness :) [/B]

yes. since the songs are so densly packed with riffs, and we try to cut out repetition of riffs because there are no vocals to keep the listener interested over repeated riffs, six 3 and a half minute songs is all we can write in a year. the dixie dregs drummer had a great interview once talking about keeping their instrumental tunes really concise to keep folks from getting bored.

we are halfway done writing _actual time_ 3...

and b) the packaging is a little weak.
[/B]

the first CD from 1999 is really lame packaging, but that was an experiment in writing and recording for us, and really a demo that we thought no one else would be interested in. for the new, second CD, we got professionally printed inserts, which i think you'll agree are much improved from the first CD.

we are a small time band, with no gigs and all members in other bands, so we try to gradually increase the quality in writing, playing, sound, and packaging as we move along.

Other than that, damn this is some great shit. Everyone, check these guys out if you haven't; you won't be disappointed. And, Scott, thanks for the Paypal option, that really sped up the whole ordering process. [/B]

thanks very much! we like to think that despite our limited output and the plain packaging, our music and the recorded sound stand up against any band in the world.

cheers.

Damn yeah! I'd repeat everything said by Jimbo! Such music brings me into ecstatic state - amazing! :hotjump:

But the same critical remarks: you could be misunderstood by some people if you would talk about these two as about complete albums (they are of EP size), and: you are damn great designers for your music but you NEED some good designer's eye for your cd's :)

Keep it going! :headbang:

Vadim

thanks for the comments, guys.

we do carefully plan where to apply our limited band resources, and on this CD we chose to get the sound up to major label quality and leave the graphic design at amateur levels until later. after the music itself, the sound is the most important thing to us, and graphic design while also important we feel is secondary. personally, it bothers me when a band makes a horrible sounding record, with for example drums recorded in a hotel room, puts it in nice packaging and gets regular cds pressed, and then sells it as though it were major label quality - especially in this modern age when recording technology is cheaper than ever before. you won't get that with us - the packaging and cd-r are not big league, but the sound is, and that can let you decide without sonic quality distractions if you also think the songwriting and playing are.

one of our buddies who draws CD covers for sony said he would do the next record cover for us, too, so that'll help! :)

scott