New Age Of Silence EP!!!

The Scourge

Suicide Machine
May 26, 2003
Drowning in a sea of addictions
Originally posted by blabbermouth:

"AGE OF SILENCE, the Norwegian band featuring Lazare (BORKNAGAR, SOLEFALD), Hellhammer (WINDS, ARCTURUS, MAYHEM) and Eikind (KHOLD, TULUS), among others, will release a new EP, entitled "Complications – Trilogy of Intricacy", on October 11 via The End Records.

As the title suggests, this release contains three songs of an intricate nature following in the vein of the group's debut album, "Acceleration", but taking things a step further in the exploration of their sound combining elements from thrash metal, progrock, psychedelia and avant-garde insanity, among other things.

The lyrical concept of "Complications – Trilogy of Intricacy" can be viewed as a continuation of "Acceleration", although not directly connected to the specific events that took place on "Acceleration". While "Acceleration" was a conceptual journey in the vein of "The Matrix" or "Dark City" mixed in with some elaborate futuristic thoughts and concepts about issues relating to the stock market, invoices, and the rat race of human life in general, this time, envision that hell opened up a shopping mall and that you're invited to partake in a shopping spree unlike any other you have ever experienced… and that it will surely be when AGE OF SILENCE is behind it.

"Complications – Trilogy of Intricacy" track listing:

01. The Idea of Independence and the Reason Why it’s Austere
02. Mr. M, Man of Muzak
03. Vouchers, Coupons and the End of a Shopping Session "

Man, I can't wait for this Lazare. And I must say, these have got to be the most bizarre and ornamented song titles you have come up with yet!. I wonder if the inspiration for "Mr. M, Man of Muzak" came from our conversation about your upcoming solo albums. You remember, with the Darkthrone muzak and locks of your hair :D

great news... hope to be better than acceleration, not that i didnt like that release but i want it to be even better :)

hellhammer is not a guest in age of silence... he is in the band... he played in the first album :)