New album cover

I wouldn't say it's awful but they definitly should have stucked to another artist..I really liked the artwork for Infected Nations but this one is just very average.
Dave McKean(Testament, Machine head) or Ed Repka would have been better choices..

I don't see what the big deal is. Yeah, I'll agree that after the stunning work by artists like Whelan and the almighty, untouchable Lee Gaskins, it lacks in the 'wow' factor. But at the end of the day, it conveys the title quite accurately :lol:

Back in the day you could pre-order an album with no worries. These days you can't trust bands anymore, they change their sound and band members left and right so I don't pre-order albums anymore. I just hope Evile doens't go weezerish on this new record, and start making 4 chord green day anthems, or slow osluddgy Black sabbath riffs. I have to hear some impressive tracks before I buy another Evile record, because the first sample song did not impress me much seemed rushed and lazy.

i don't even understand how don't trust Evile. i mean, from the beginning i knew for sure that the next album will be great. okay, sometimes i wondered how they are going to pull it off to make a better album than IN, but still i know it will be kickass. maybe different from IN, but still awesome :D

It's a bit more melodic and streamlined in places than Infected Nations was. That's really the only 'big' difference in sound, so you can all stop your internal dialogues and buy the damn album.

tbh I didn't like Infected Nations the first time when I heard it - just a half year ago I listened to em more carefully and suddenly I liked really much. That can only be a proof for a good band. The songwriting always develops and the direction goes more into Technical thrash which was the first time unusual for me cause Enter the Grave was straight forward thrash but then it made 'click'. I really enjoy Eternal Empire now and can't wait to hear more stuff..:kickass:

The only thing I didn't like about Five Serpent's Teeth was the fact that they've gone back to doing some slightly more streamlined songs. Infected Nations was thinking man's music, the new one is a bit less so which feels like somewhat of a step backwards to me personally... but that's because I'm a cynical bastard.

As long as the music is good, I don't care personally.

Is the Earache webstore gonna have a big t-shirt/cd or hoodie/cd kinda pre-order thing? That's what I'm waiting for.

The only thing I didn't like about Five Serpent's Teeth was the fact that they've gone back to doing some slightly more streamlined songs. Infected Nations was thinking man's music, the new one is a bit less so which feels like somewhat of a step backwards to me personally... but that's because I'm a cynical bastard.

Not good.:confused: I was afraid of this.

I wouldnt call nations that technical to be honest, grave is just SO simple it makes it look that way haha.

But a step backwards FST is certainly not, thats just for the thoughts of people who value technicality above other things, which in our eyes is not the way to go about what we do, we believe in a balance of elements, and FST is by far the best thing we've ever done because of that. Nations suffered because of it's supposed "technicality" and technicality is often hard to "enjoy" if you get that? FST has stuff you wont be able to play properly on guitar for bloody ages, it also has stuff you'll be able to access easily, like i said it's a balance.

There's 10 times more "thinking" to do with this album than nations, trust me. some songs you need to think about, some songs you need to just let go and bloody enjoy.

Wait until you sit down and listen to it in your own space and THEN make your mind up. 2 months and counting people.....

Just you wait, you'll be singing these fuckers in your sleep.

... Yeah, I can go with that logic :lol: You know what I'm like though, I like my nice progressive/technical stuff - though that may be because I'm a guitar player. Or maybe just because I'm a dick.

Having only heard it once, I'm not going to throw around too many best-of-their-career comments until I've listened to it a few times and gotten more of a 'feel' for it. It's fucking good though.

I wouldnt call nations that technical to be honest, grave is just SO simple it makes it look that way haha.

But a step backwards FST is certainly not, thats just for the thoughts of people who value technicality above other things, which in our eyes is not the way to go about what we do, we believe in a balance of elements, and FST is by far the best thing we've ever done because of that. Nations suffered because of it's supposed "technicality" and technicality is often hard to "enjoy" if you get that? FST has stuff you wont be able to play properly on guitar for bloody ages, it also has stuff you'll be able to access easily, like i said it's a balance.

There's 10 times more "thinking" to do with this album than nations, trust me. some songs you need to think about, some songs you need to just let go and bloody enjoy.

Wait until you sit down and listen to it in your own space and THEN make your mind up. 2 months and counting people.....

Just you wait, you'll be singing these fuckers in your sleep.

I already sing Evile songs in my sleep. :lol:

Two months is too long dammit!