New Album Featuring Doug Ott and Sean Flanegan

bob madsen

New Metal Member
Jan 11, 2007
Northern California
Hi all, I’m new to the group but have been a fan for a long time. Some of the more die hard fans may recognize my name from work I’ve done with the Enchant and Xen family over the years. I was lucky enough to engineer and produce the three tribute songs Enchant did for Magna Carta, and play bass on “The Lizard and wrote the bass part for“The Cross” (Doug redid my part during mixdown due to Paul’s final drum parts being different than the ones I tracked with and he did an amazing job) on the Break Album as well as engineer and play bass on several songs on the Xen album. Including "Red Letter Day" (one of my personal favorite bass parts I ever came up with) and Psycho Pilots. Over the past few years, well actually a lotta years, I have been working on a solo album under the moniker of “The WorldMachine” and ITS FINALLY DONE! YEAH!.

The album features performances by Sean Flanegan, and Doug Ott from Enchant as well as Stef Burns from Y&T, Phil Bennett from Starship (and another part- time Enchant’er), Jeff Kashiwa from the Rippingtons and Dave Weckl from The Chick Corea Band. Additionally, there are four songs featuring vocals by ex Enchant vocalist Brian Cline. Wait till you hear them, he did an incredible job.

Now a word of warning, this is not a Prog-Rock album. Instead it is a Contemporary Jazz album a’la The Rippingtons or Yellowjackets, but I thought the Enchant fans, being such a sophisticated lot, :) would probably enjoy hearing Sean and Doug in a slightly different setting than they are used to. The album can be heard and purchased for download or special mailorder at www.theworldmachine.com. Drop a line and let me know what you think!

Enjoy!

Bob Madsen
The Worldmachine