New album Foregone out February 2023

Alright, last chance everyone before I leave this place for ever :

House or Bottled?

Bottled! :D

EDIT: And no, it's never been among my favourites, but I don't quite get all the hate for it either. Some are speaking of Bottled as if the song was comprised solely of the band just playing some random annoying noises and taking turns in yelling all kinds of insults at the listener.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moonshield_
My friend, I never want to lose you, but Anders' gasping at 2:10 in Bottled is the creepiest thing in the history of heavy metal:puke:
Every time I hear that, I feel as if I had stepped in dog shit buried in the snowy road and crushed it.
House is autotuned trashy song with ridiculous lyrics, but at least there are no turds buried in the snowy road.

Bottled is literally at the very end of my In Flames songs list. It was will lose every time.

At least you could have tried. As I was meant to be easy... I'm leaving you with scars. But let's not pretend this is the first time we just don't belong.

Dear god, eventually someone has kept his sanity in this asylum :rolleyes:

Reactions: DE4life
Bottled! :D

EDIT: And no, it's never been among my favourites, but I don't quite get all the hate for it either. Some are speaking of Bottled as if the song was comprised solely of the band just playing some random annoying noises and taking turns in yelling all kinds of insults at the listener.

The band making some random noises and hurling insults at me would be preferable. In fact, because I never miss an opportunity to throw this out there, I have actually been insulted by a member of the band. Anders called me an asshole. User bar coming up!

Bottled is an utterly dull song, but I think there is room to improve it if done well. That would mean removing Anders' voices.
I know, I'm quite harsh but never mean to denigrate your preference for Bottled, just tell me what makes it so appealing.

Reactions: eochaid
Man, I always laugh my ass off watching naked Daniel sitting on wooden beams drinking beer, drooling and screaming like a mad bird

Also playing the drums with his dick, lmao :rofl:

What stands out most to me from that video is how Anders comes across as a pretty chilled, normal dude. Compared to now when he always comes across as an ass. When the dreads died so did his personality, seemingly. You notice from the vocal segments that he has zero technique. He's literally just yelling.

It's also really cool to see Jesper and Bjorn working together. Especially the part where Bjorn is playing something and Jesper is directing him on what strings to use.

Towards the end I believe there's also a clip of an ASOP song that never got released.

Last edited:
Reactions: mindd
@Xpyro125 agree on ASOP lyrics, but we've savaged then so many times on here over the past ten years that when I wrote about the album I just take the lyrics being shit as a given :D

Delight and Angers by far the worst offender. Title doesn't even make grammatical sense, and the chorus makes me want to vomit.

Reactions: Xpyro125
Bottled is an utterly dull song, but I think there is room to improve it if done well. That would mean removing Anders' voices.
I know, I'm quite harsh but never mean to denigrate your preference for Bottled, just tell me what makes it so appealing.

Heavy riffs, tortured vocals and a damned catchy/emotional pre-chorus/chorus of course :kickass:

I was 10 when I heard it for the first time so maybe it plays a role in the story, I can give you that.

Edit: the solo too is really nice!

Last edited:
Reactions: J_msh84
What stands out most to me from that video is how Anders comes across as a pretty chilled, normal dude.
Yeah, even in comparison to SOAPF documentary he seems much more chill and happy in ASOP videos.
Maybe Jesper leaving really traumatized him that much... or was it naked Daniel barging into the recording room?

Watched the whole thing again last night, damn, I miss these guys.
Also, kinda funny seeing Anders in a Dimension Zero t-shirt.

Reactions: DE4life
Alright, last chance everyone before I leave this place for ever :

House or Bottled?
Bottled. To me it's just a meh song. Not offensive at all. House, on the other hand, is one of their worst songs of all time (along with The Truth and In This Life). The children's choir and the uninspired riffing and lyrics (plus autotuned Anders, despite it not bothering me that much) definitely make this song worse than Bottled.

I was 10 when I heard it for the first time so maybe it plays a role in the story, I can give you that.
I understand that sentiment as well.
Let me give you an example: the first Black Sabbath album I ever bought was Never Say Die. I still remember thinking when I listen it for the first time, "Damn, what a cool stuff I got! :yow:" Later, I learned it was a very underrated album by the core Sabbath fans. However, when I listen it now, all the songs still sound soooo brilliant.
Edit: the solo too is really nice!
Speaking about that solo... just say it's waaaay better than ISFI :D

Tbh I'd rather listen to both Bottled and House than to In the Dark. House does still have the autotune Anders, but at least isn't as boring.

Yeah, even in comparison to SOAPF documentary he seems much more chill and happy in ASOP videos.
Maybe Jesper leaving really traumatized him that much... or was it naked Daniel barging into the recording room?

Watched the whole thing again last night, damn, I miss these guys.
Also, kinda funny seeing Anders in a Dimension Zero t-shirt.

There is also a part where Jesper briefly plays a DZ riff, Silent Night Fever I think?

I've rewatched this documentary some weeks ago, funny to see you talking about it.

Ahhhh, Daniel... He was my hero in 2008 :kickass:

Anders actually seems to enjoy extreme metal (Dimension Zero shirt, vocals in Grievance etc) but too bad it doesn't reflects in his art anymore.

Anders was the producer for Dimension Zero's first albums. There's even a part of SOSD that resembles one of those songs that he was in charge of.

Here. Starting at 00:31

I'm not sure if they're recorded the song or if it was definitely lost.

Last edited: