New album Foregone out February 2023

:D "here's one we haven't played for a while - at least 20 minutes - here's Crawl Through Knives!"

Eochaid & Grayfox:

cheers-happy.gif

Nice to see everyone in good spirits, looks like our boys done it again and made people happy again. :D Btw did we just imported Japanese version of Eochaid? :D :D Hope we will get some more members to Anders manlove crew or I'll join reddit :D

And finally I must admit, Become One is too good to be a bonus track..

Reactions: J_msh84 and DE4life
Yeah @DE4life recently admitted the album grew a lot on him and he even compared Pure Light of Mind to Black Dragon from Dissection :kickass:

I mean deep down we all knew @DE4life just loves Anders but liking Pure Light of Mind? I'll put the forms out, we've got a new registration to Anders manlove crew..

Btw random and interesting fact, I was watching an interview with Tanner. He said after the intro of The Great Deceiver song had double bass drums only but Anders didn't like it so they had some conversation with Björn and re-recorded all the drums so the song came to the final form.

Also another random fact, they had 2 unreleased song from this album and he said we would eventually hear that songs. Years ago I asked the same question to Anders and Björn if they had some unreleased songs, Björn said we do but we'll see what happens (meaning they won't release it).

Reactions: DE4life
I drank a lot of Coke that day.

Anyway, yeah, they've been sitting on unreleased stuff from ASOP sessions for 15 years now, so I don't think we should hold out any hope of hearing Foregone unreleased material :D

Cool footage from the ASOP bonus DVD, was watching this earlier.

I am indifferent about ToR, but Move Through Me is one of my favourites from ASOP.

Not having Cloud Connected and Take This Life there is anything but realistic.

It doesn't strike me as an interesting set either. It's a decent "hits" setlist which tries to follow the "try to have at least one song from each record", but unless it's someone's first time seeing them, I'd rather have a more boring setlist with let's say 2 deep cuts.

It's realistic from the standpoint of me not filling a set with the likes Dead Eternity and Jester Script Transfigured. It's also not really a "hits" setlist either. A "hits" setlist would be their standard one. To me, it looks like a balanced set keeping the new album in mind. To each their own, however. Plus, you get Crawl Through Knives twice. Why would you RATHER have a boring setlist? :rofl:

:D "here's one we haven't played for a while - at least 20 minutes - here's Crawl Through Knives!"

Eochaid & Grayfox:

cheers-happy.gif

:D The thing is, I don't even love it that much. I mean, I do like the song, but it was really just an oversight.

Reactions: Xpyro125
:D The thing is, I don't even love it that much. I mean, I do like the song, but it was really just an oversight.

No, it's now forum canon that you're so obsessed with CTK that you'd put it in your ideal setlist no less than three times :D embrace it, learn to live with it.

Reactions: The Grayfox
An interesting question just came to my mind (as I'm still not able to get the hate toward Bottled) :

Do some of you would go as far as claiming to prefer Scream over Bottled?

I hope not.

I would take Scream. Every. Single. Time.

Bottled bores me to the point of gently weeping into a pillow. Plus with Scream, I can shout out "You Scream! We Scream! We all Scream for ice cream!"

Whisper it quietly, but Scream is fine if you remove the chorus.

Bottled is garbage from first to last second. A turgid mess.

Reactions: The Grayfox
That's the thing. If you remove the chorus, Scream isn't a bad song. I never listen to it because of the chorus, but if I was given the choice, I would rather listen to Scream. I would rather listen to Here Until Forever too. I would rather listen to Anders' isolated scream on the Jester Race on repeat for 4 minutes than listen to Bottled.

Reactions: DE4life