New album Foregone out February 2023

You still heard some songs one will most likely never hear again live, like Touch of Red or Move Through Me. It's also nice from Anders to write songs about menstruation.

edit: Drained is such a versatile song if you think about it

Last edited:
Reactions: mindd
You still heard some songs one will most likely never hear again live, like Touch of Red or Move Through Me. It's also nice from Anders to write songs about menstruation.

I actually genuinely like Touch of Red, it's a great song. I enjoy a lot of synth work they had on Soundtrack in general.

As far as Move Through Me, funny anecdote, on their printed setlist on stage it actually said Behind Space. But for some reason they decided last minute to ignore it and played Move Through me instead. A lot of people were pissed about that.

Do you think they'll keep some old songs in the setlist for the summer festivals given they have a new album out?

Here are the shows I've attended :

Hellfest 2011:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/in-flames/2011/val-de-moine-clisson-france-13d30559.html

Hellfest 2015:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/in-flames/2015/val-de-moine-clisson-france-7bc97a88.html

Hellfest 2017 :

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/in-flames/2017/val-de-moine-clisson-france-53e4b301.html

Paris, Bataclan 2022 :

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/in-flames/2022/le-bataclan-paris-france-13bfed85.html

The most frustrating show being the one at HF 2017... Thanks god they included Moonshield and The Jester's Dance

Some of you guys are really blessed having experienced old school shows back in the days with the true line up and the old songs played.

2022 was the first time for me being satisfied with an In Flames setlist.

Reactions: DE4life
I'm sure they'll keep one or two old songs around. I really like what they'd been doing recently with playing songs from every album, but I don't expect that to continue honestly. I think it was just because there wasn't a new album to support. I would guess that there will be 5-6 new songs in the set, then mostly 'hits' with The Hive and Graveland thrown in somewhere. So, you know... how it usually is.

Reactions: Moonshield_
If I could write their set (in a realistic way) for supporting their new album and still keeping a song from almost every album in there, I'd do something like this:

01. The Great Deceiver
02. I, The Mask
03. Trigger
04. Foregone Pt. 1
05. Foregone Pt. 2
06. Crawl Through Knives
07. Clayman
08. Meet Your Maker
09. Embody the Invisible
10. Food for the Gods
11. Ropes
12. Artifacts of the Black Rain
13. Wallflower
14. Crawl Through Knives
15. I'm the Highway
16. State of Slow Decay
17. My Sweet Shadow
18. Behind Space

Keeping in mind, they're probably going to play the 5 singles from Foregone. Also keeping in mind, this won't happen. But it's an example of something they could do to keep new and old fans happy.

If I could write their set (in a realistic way) for supporting their new album and still keeping a song from almost every album in there, I'd do something like this:

01. The Great Deceiver
02. I, The Mask
03. Trigger
04. Foregone Pt. 1
05. Foregone Pt. 2
06. Crawl Through Knives
07. Clayman
08. Meet Your Maker
09. Embody the Invisible
10. Food for the Gods
11. Ropes
13. Wallflower
14. Crawl Through Knives
15. I'm the Highway
16. State of Slow Decay
17. My Sweet Shadow
18. Behind Space

Keeping in mind, they're probably going to play the 5 singles from Foregone. Also keeping in mind, this won't happen. But it's an example of something they could do to keep new and old fans happy.
I would throw in Fear Is the Weakness or Dead Ships as well. But overall that is a decent set list for modern IF.

I actually genuinely like Touch of Red, it's a great song. I enjoy a lot of synth work they had on Soundtrack in general.

Yeah Touch of Red is probably one of my favourites off STYE these days as well. It's actually surprisingly short, but that just means there's no bs or filler. The song just gets straight to the point throughout. At the time there was a lot of complaining about there not being many solos on the album, but having heard Bjorn shoehorn pointless, generic solos into 90% of IF output in the past decade it actually makes me appreciate stuff like STYE where if they didn't want to include a solo they just didn't, rather than nowadays where most of the time it feels like the solo is being forced in there as a requirement.

As far as Move Through Me, funny anecdote, on their printed setlist on stage it actually said Behind Space. But for some reason they decided last minute to ignore it and played Move Through me instead. A lot of people were pissed about that.
I am indifferent about ToR, but Move Through Me is one of my favourites from ASOP.
(in a realistic way)
Not having Cloud Connected and Take This Life there is anything but realistic.

It doesn't strike me as an interesting set either. It's a decent "hits" setlist which tries to follow the "try to have at least one song from each record", but unless it's someone's first time seeing them, I'd rather have a more boring setlist with let's say 2 deep cuts.

Reactions: Xpyro125
My setlist:

1. Behind Space
2. Lunar Strain
3. Starforsaken
4. Dreamscape
5. Everlost (Part I)
6. Everlost (Part 2)
7. Hargalaten
8. In Flames
9. Upon an Oaken Throne
10. Clad in Shadows
11. Sounds of a Playground Fading
12. Deliver Us
13. The Puzzle
14. Fear is the Weakness
15. Where the Dead Ships Dwell
16. The Attic
17. Darker Times
18. Ropes
19. Enter Tragedy
20. Jester's Door
21. A New Dawn
22. Liberation

I would call it "The Anti-Jester Slave Tour" and it would kick off in Budapest, Hungary :cool:

Do you think they'll keep some old songs in the setlist for the summer festivals given they have a new album out?

Here are the shows I've attended :

Hellfest 2011:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/in-flames/2011/val-de-moine-clisson-france-13d30559.html

Hellfest 2015:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/in-flames/2015/val-de-moine-clisson-france-7bc97a88.html

Hellfest 2017 :

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/in-flames/2017/val-de-moine-clisson-france-53e4b301.html

Paris, Bataclan 2022 :

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/in-flames/2022/le-bataclan-paris-france-13bfed85.html

The most frustrating show being the one at HF 2017... Thanks god they included Moonshield and The Jester's Dance

Some of you guys are really blessed having experienced old school shows back in the days with the true line up and the old songs played.

2022 was the first time for me being satisfied with an In Flames setlist.

That's just fucking grim. Luckily it was all festivals, I'd hate to pay for a club show and to get any of those lists.

I am indifferent about ToR, but Move Through Me is one of my favourites from ASOP.

Not having Cloud Connected and Take This Life there is anything but realistic.

It doesn't strike me as an interesting set either. It's a decent "hits" setlist which tries to follow the "try to have at least one song from each record", but unless it's someone's first time seeing them, I'd rather have a more boring setlist with let's say 2 deep cuts.

I have a very hard time going back to ASOP nowadays. Partially because I've listened to it so much when it came out that I've ruined it for myself from that alone, but also overwhelmingly due to how much I can't stand its production today. Plastic guitars and distorted vocals that lack high end in its fidelity. I find it very grating. Song itself isn't all that bad, I think compositionally ASOP is fairly strong, it has only two flaws: Alias and The Chosen Pessimist. First is boring and latter is straight up offending at how bad it is.

01. The Great Deceiver
02. I, The Mask
03. Trigger
04. Foregone Pt. 1
05. Foregone Pt. 2
06. Crawl Through Knives
07. Clayman
08. Meet Your Maker
09. Embody the Invisible
10. Food for the Gods
11. Ropes
13. Wallflower
14. Crawl Through Knives
15. I'm the Highway
16. State of Slow Decay
17. My Sweet Shadow
18. Behind Space

Should've included Crawl Through Knives for a third time as an encore, just for good measure

That's just fucking grim. Luckily it was all festivals, I'd hate to pay for a club show and to get any of those lists.

I have a very hard time going back to ASOP nowadays. Partially because I've listened to it so much when it came out that I've ruined it for myself from that alone, but also overwhelmingly due to how much I can't stand its production today. Plastic guitars and distorted vocals that lack high end in its fidelity. I find it very grating. Song itself isn't all that bad, I think compositionally ASOP is fairly strong, it has only two flaws: Alias and The Chosen Pessimist. First is boring and latter is straight up offending at how bad it is.

Production and vocals are ASOP's fatal flaws. And in retrospect I think production also had a big impact on how the vocals sound. If you really listen to SOAPF vocals they actually aren't significantly different to ASOP vocals. They just work far better on Sounds than ASOP due to the production and mixing choices.

Reactions: Xpyro125
My setlist:

1. Behind Space
2. Lunar Strain
3. Starforsaken
4. Dreamscape
5. Everlost (Part I)
6. Everlost (Part 2)
7. Hargalaten
8. In Flames
9. Upon an Oaken Throne
10. Clad in Shadows
11. Sounds of a Playground Fading
12. Deliver Us
13. The Puzzle
14. Fear is the Weakness
15. Where the Dead Ships Dwell
16. The Attic
17. Darker Times
18. Ropes
19. Enter Tragedy
20. Jester's Door
21. A New Dawn
22. Liberation

I would call it "The Anti-Jester Slave Tour" and it would kick off in Budapest, Hungary :cool:
It'd look like this:

1. Lunar Strain
2. Starforsaken
3. Dreamscape
4. Everlost (Part I)
5. Hargalaten
6. In Flames
7. Upon an Oaken Throne
8. Graveland
9. Lord Hypnos
10. The Hive
11. Scorn
12. Resin
13. ... As The Future Repetas Itself
15. Dead Alone
16. Touch Of Red
17. Sleepless Again
18. I'm The Highway
19. Sober and Irrelevant
20. SOAPF
21. The Puzzle
22. Darker Times
23. Everything's Gone
24. When The World Explodes
25. Underneath My Skin
26. We Will Remember
27. In This Life
28. Bleeding Out

The perfect setlist:

1. Hargalaten
2. Wayfarer
3. Dialogue with the Stars
4. Dreamscape
5. The Jester's Dance
6. Everlost (Part 2)
7. Acoustic Medley
8. Pallar Anders Visa
9. Timeless
10.The Beginning of All Things That Will End
11. Jester's Door
12. The Attic
13. Man Made God
-Encore-
14. Stand Ablaze feat. Henke Forss
15. Dead Eternity feat. Jocke Gothberg
16. Inborn Lifeless feat. Per Gyllenback
17. Eye of the Beholder feat. Robert Dahn
18. Behind Space feat. Mikael Stanne

My dreaming setlist :

Here until forever
Paralyzed
Through my Eyes
Alias
Us Against the World
End the Transmission
House
In Plain View
Liberation
The Chosen Pessimist
When the World Explodes
Through Oblivion
Scream
Filtered Truth
Save me

Encore :

The Truth
Everything's gone

The true In Flames essence contained in one historical show...

Last edited:
My dreaming setlist :

Here until forever
Paralyzed
Through my Eyes
Alias
Us Against the World
End of Transmission
House
In Plain View
Liberation
The Chosen Pessimist
When the World Explodes
Through Oblivion
Scream
Filtered Truth
Save me

Encore :

The Truth
Everything's gone

In : Bottled
Out : Liberation
My dreaming set as well:D

My dreaming setlist :

Here until forever
Paralyzed
Through my Eyes
Alias
Us Against the World
End the Transmission
House
In Plain View
Liberation
The Chosen Pessimist
When the World Explodes
Through Oblivion
Scream
Filtered Truth
Save me

Encore :

The Truth
Everything's gone

Eochaid will have veins popping out of his head at this :D

Reactions: Moonshield_
It'd look like this:

1. Lunar Strain
2. Starforsaken
3. Dreamscape
4. Everlost (Part I)
5. Hargalaten
6. In Flames
7. Upon an Oaken Throne
8. Graveland
9. Lord Hypnos
10. The Hive
11. Scorn
12. Resin
13. ... As The Future Repetas Itself
15. Dead Alone
16. Touch Of Red
17. Sleepless Again
18. I'm The Highway
19. Sober and Irrelevant
20. SOAPF
21. The Puzzle
22. Darker Times
23. Everything's Gone
24. When The World Explodes
25. Underneath My Skin
26. We Will Remember
27. In This Life
28. Bleeding Out

Cut this at song 22 and that's a pretty nice setlist.

Reactions: J_msh84