New album Foregone out February 2023

Very nice :cool: I've got TJR / Clayman / Come Clarity CDs signed by the lads in 2006, and all of the albums from Lunar - Come Clarity, plus a TJR, Whoracle, Reroute and Come Clarity (tour) t-shirt but that's about it as far as IF merch is concerned.

Lucky indeed, and all those tees must be very nice. Tried to order the Lunar Strain sweatshirt recently but when I received it I was disappointed with the quality of the product so I sent it back…

Lucky indeed, and all thoses tees must be very nice. Tried to order the Lunar Strain sweatshirt recently but when I received it I was disappointed with the quality of the product so I sent it back…

I actually think I might have somehow lost the Whoracle one, sadly, but the TJR one is nice. CC and Reroute ones are pretty old now and basically just for wearing in the house. TJR for public use :cool:

Only weird thing about the TJR shirt is that it has "Eternal grinning jester masque" on the back... which is from Coerced Coexistence on Colony :D

Nah it's officially licensed :D from 2008 I believe. That line is also on the back of The Jester Race Reloaded Edition. I mean, it's a cool line, but it's really weird that they chose a line from a completely different album for official TJR stuff.

Reactions: Moonshield_
Ceremonial Oath - The Book of Truth album is an old-school death metal masterpiece :kickass:
Of course, I understand.
They were one of the first death metal bands from Goteborg which had the quality to compete with the Stockholm scene.
And more than anything, the band has turned out multiple legendary musicians...just like Carnage on Stockholm scene.

Only weird thing about the TJR shirt is that it has "Eternal grinning jester masque" on the back... which is from Coerced Coexistence on Colony :D

I have the same shirt and was wondering the same thing for a long time. Then one day realised that the same phrase is written in TJR booklet also :D

Reactions: galvanized
@Moonshield_ that's an awesome collection you got there.
As far as signed stuff goes I only have Come Clarity's booklet signed by Anders and Peter. Or just by Anders and Peter signed the ticket for the show. I need to find that stuff and check.

Eternal grinning jester masque PINE!

...why can't Anders go back to cleans like those in Coerced Coexistence? Also, I can't believe they haven't played that song live in almost 15 years. For a few years it was almost a staple in their set.

Reactions: DE4life
Man and I remember thinking they were playing too many new songs (off ASOP) when I saw them live back in the day

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/in-flames/2009/skc-belgrade-serbia-23d4a80f.html

I wouldn't say that's a good set by any means, but at least you got a few gems in there.

I saw them twice in 2002 -- once before RTR came out and once after:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/in-f...can-music-hall-san-francisco-ca-13d059c1.html

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/in-flames/2002/slims-san-francisco-ca-13d11df1.html

We're not seeing sets like this ever again, boys.

Hiring Chris Broderick for boring and simplistic guitar playing like Drifter and Dead Alone.
Can you think of anything more extravagant than that? It is like buying a Rolls Royce to deliver newspapers.

Songs with difficult parts (guest solos) were never a problem to play live. They could just skip the solo part, the same way they played December Flower back in the 90s.
And it's a dice roll to integrate more complex guitar work in hypothetical new songs because you don't know how long will Broderick stay around.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say that's a good set by any means, but at least you got a few gems in there.

I saw them twice in 2002 -- once before RTR came out and once after:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/in-f...can-music-hall-san-francisco-ca-13d059c1.html

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/in-flames/2002/slims-san-francisco-ca-13d11df1.html

We're not seeing sets like this ever again, boys.

My first IF show was at Cambridge in 2005 when they were supporting Motorhead.

upload_2023-2-15_10-3-48.png

At the time I was somewhat underwhelmed, although as it was my first IF show I was still buzzing to have seen them. Some good stuff in there though - TQP, System, Episode 666, Clayman, Colony.

Songs with difficult parts (guest solos) were never a problem to play live. They could just skip the solo part, the same way they played December Flower back in the 90s.
And it's a dice roll to integrate more complex guitar work in hypothetical new songs because you don't know how long will Broderick stay around.
Now I'm thinking of Amon Amarth messed up the Twilight of the Thunder God solo every time.

Reactions: drawntoblack
My first IF show was at Cambridge in 2005 when they were supporting Motorhead.

View attachment 32792

At the time I was somewhat underwhelmed, although as it was my first IF show I was still buzzing to have seen them. Some good stuff in there though - TQP, System, Episode 666, Clayman, Colony.

As far as support sets go, that's pretty good I'd say. But yeah, back then I would've probably been underwhelmed too. Considering they were still supporting STYE, I'm surprised the set isn't half songs from that album.