New album Foregone out February 2023

Ditto on the non-Chris Americans. I'm okay with Tanner, though. Could change my mind if he starts doing Leinad shit though.

I think that, at the time this was filmed, the album wasn't even out yet, so it's possible they didn't have enough decent live recordings of them playing the new songs yet (I think at that point they were only doing State of Slow Decay, maybe The Great Deceiver).

THE make a melodeath album and release a documentary. IF make a (lame attempt of) melodeath album and the release a documentary. Of course, all of this is a pure coincidence.

Reactions: Xpyro125
At least THE documentary had various members of the band interviewed. I still find it strange that this was basically just an Anders retrospective on the current state of IF. I get that he's basically the de facto leader of the band at this point, but it's still disappointing not to hear from Bjorn at least.

Reactions: Xpyro125
I can see him going to the NB offices to demand a documentary for himself.

But yes. IF seems to be a band of himslef, the guy that he commands to make the music and some filler musicians.

I imagine it went something like

Anders: Hey guys, we're making a little documentary.

Broderick: Oh, like The Halo Effect did?

Anders: Who? -angry stare-

Bjorn: -whispers- We aren't allowed to mention that band, remember?

Broderick: Oh, haha, yeah. Sorry boss. I'm going to go and play some solos now.

Bjorn: So, Anders, I was thinking, maybe I could do some interview parts too...

Anders: No. You'll be in some of the footage. I'll do all the talking.

Bjorn: Oh, okay :cry:

Bryce: LET'S SLAM SOME TEQUILAS BRO, FUCK THE DEMOCRATS

Tanner: -runs around doing shadow boxing-

Bjorn: -to himself- I miss the others.

Anders: What?

Bjorn: Nothing, I didn't say anything... hahaha...

Nice to hear Broderick shredding away there. Is that the first time they've played the song with the solo?

Anders' voice is sounding pretty strained, but he does the track justice enough. Doesn't seem to have been able to sustain those really deep growls he was doing pre-pandemic though.

Had a quick look at setlist.fm and it claims it's the first time they've performed December Flower since the end of 1996. Nothing else too crazy there, although they did apparently play Come Clarity for the first time since 2018 and Trigger for the first time since 2017. Not sure why Trigger would have had such a long absence. The consequence of putting out dozens of shittier songs that they are obligated to play live because they're new, I guess.

Damn, our boy Grayfox is now president of the Battles fanclub :D make us proud bro.

If they play this on tour… ***dies***

It's possible, although they play a lot of one-offs at this show. Could also be like Stand Ablaze where they play it for a few shows then drop it. Would be very cool if they did keep it on the set, but I'm guessing it'll be pushed out by the significantly less interesting 4gone stuff.

Seeing that song live + the solo warms my heart. I like that Chris put his own flourishes on it, even if it sounded strange to me after only hearing the studio version for the past 20 years.

@Grayfox - What is it about Battles that makes it so good? I've always felt that it might be the greatest In Flames album of all time, but I can't put my finger on as to why.

EDIT: lmao, for some reason I thought @Pallbearer was the one who made that bet and that his post was self-referential. :p Sorry dude

Last edited:
Reactions: galvanized
Ah great.

Alright guys, I have been harboring a deep, dark secret for quite some time now. I’ve been very ashamed about it but it’s time to come clean. Battles is my favorite In Flames album. It is better than the Jester Race, Whoracle, Colony and Clayman… put together. That’s how good it is. Here Until Forever is a modern masterpiece, The Truth makes me want to dance and Like Sand could be the best In Flames song of all time. If not, then In My Room certainly is. The production and mix job on this record is CLEAN. Not since Metallica’s “Black Album” has music sounded so good. Battles is just the best.

Also, I’m convinced Bjorn lurks on this board and did this on purpose.

Ah great.

Alright guys, I have been harboring a deep, dark secret for quite some time now. I’ve been very ashamed about it but it’s time to come clean. Battles is my favorite In Flames album. It is better than the Jester Race, Whoracle, Colony and Clayman… put together. That’s how good it is. Here Until Forever is a modern masterpiece, The Truth makes me want to dance and Like Sand could be the best In Flames song of all time. If not, then In My Room certainly is. The production and mix job on this record is CLEAN. Not since Metallica’s “Black Album” has music sounded so good. Battles is just the best.

Also, I’m convinced Bjorn lurks on this board and did this on purpose.
I do not like what you said there, but I will respect it, I guess.