New album Foregone out February 2023

I love everything about that song. The intro. The riffs. The transitions... Everything feels perfect.

If there was one, minor complaint I'd have about the song it's the fucking wah on the solo. A Bjorn trademark, but I really could do without it.

Looks like the bass player left and they brought in another American guy. Is there a reason why they keep hiring American musicians? Could it be every musician in Sweden dislikes Anders, lol.

What the fuck is that setlist man? Two songs from Foregone?! On an album-tour????? What the fuck is wrong with you? Even if we discard the valid criticism that it seems like he doesn't even want to try to perform some of these vocally hacked songs, there's still a bunch of songs left which they could play. And even if we ignore this whole Foregone-debacle, is this the setlist you came up with in 3 months? This? Not a single surprise? Not a single return? Not a single deep-cut? Not even a shake-up, like when they opened with OFTW? Jesus, that pisses me off.

I was on Bring Me The Horizon this week, and while they set felt really short, it was really cool how they switched up the setlist for the second part of their European tour, and they even debuted a brand new song. I wouldn't hold any band to that standard (in case of setlists), but man oh man, this is fucking dire. Once again: it can't just be blamed on the impossible vocals on Foregone. This is lazyness. Mind you, I would be fucking pissed to only hear two songs from the new record - whether I like the record or not -, and none of them being debuts.

I think the American guy is just a stand-in for the tour. I think At the Gates also got an American to fill in when Stalhammar left. Not guaranteed he'll be a full-time member.

Bryce was an odd fit for the band to begin with. I liked his playing on ITM and Foregone, though. To me the bass never really stood out in this band until SOAPF (Whoracle was an exception) and I'm glad he continued that trend of it being more noticeable.

Hopefully they use this opportunity to get a Swede back in. They should try Hakan Skoger again. I'd be happy if he joined the band.

Last edited:
Looks like the bass player left and they brought in another American guy. Is there a reason why they keep hiring American musicians? Could it be every musician in Sweden dislikes Anders, lol.
With american citizens you don't need to go through the hassle of paying for american work visas and going through filing all the paperwork for every single tour etc. That's the first thing that comes to mind.

The should add Ted Nugent and John Schaeffer as special guests so that they don't miss having an idiot on stage.

Reactions: DE4life
IIRC Anders hates John Schaeffer's guts.

Every time I've seen IF live Anders has shat on the US between songs, lol. He even got into an argument with a guy in the crowd when I saw them in 2019.

IIRC Anders hates John Schaeffer's guts.

Every time I've seen IF live Anders has shat on the US between songs, lol. He even got into an argument with a guy in the crowd when I saw them in 2019.
I was being sarcastic.

He did what on the US?

Sounds like he's been dropping a Life is a Hurricane on the US audiences and their patriotism.

Good, I’m glad he is actually out permanently. He was a douche and an asshole. Probably the rest of the band was tired of his shit.

Dillinger Escape Plan is legit though, you guys shouldn’t have any concerns for now, at least a touring bassist.

Source: https://www.revolvermag.com/music/f...t-former-dillinger-escape-plan-bassist?page=1

Are Covid vaccination requirements still a thing in Europe? I’m sure that caused some problems for them. LOL at Bryce still posting about COVID several times in the past 30 days. I bet he lost his mind when Trump talked about being indicted yesterday.

Last edited:
Just coming back from Hellfest,

In Flames show was not only too short (50min) but also filled with (to me) uninteresting songs like Darker Times, Everything’s Gone and in a lesser dimension The Mirror’s Truth… Plus the new songs The Great Deceiver, State of Slow Decay, Foregone pt.1 there’s not much time remaining for the classics.

Behind Space, Cloud Connected, Only for the Weak, Take this Life were the highlights but apart from BS it’s always the same cool songs each time so no surprises.

I am Above was decent.

It lacked a lot of songs like Trigger, The Quiet Place, My Sweet Shadow (I’m not even asking for older songs at this point).

So very frustrating once again despite a perfect weather and very good atmosphere overall.

I guess I can call myself lucky to witness Behind Space in a festival in 2023.

Honestly 2019 might be the last time I see IF live. Every album they release pollutes their back catalogue with less interesting songs that end up in setlists, and pushes genuinely fantastic songs out. I actually enjoyed I, the Mask so I was happy to hear a lot of those songs live - but I couldn't give any less of a shit about hearing anything from SC, Battles or Foregone live. That's three of the last four albums.

You can never say never, if they were touring and had a mostly old-school setlist I may well go to see that. Anders on a good day with his lower growls can do the older songs justice, albeit with everything post-Whoracle still sounding very different vocally. He can't do the screaming style these days though, and that's fair enough as he never did that with proper technique and it was inevitable he'd lose the ability to do it as he got older.

Reactions: Moonshield_
I'd be okay with seeing them live again. It's basically tradition at this point to go to a show when they're around. It gets a little old hearing the same songs every time, though. Only For The Weak is firmly in "can't wait for this to be over" territory for me. I want Stand Ablaze, dammit.

When I see a post from Tanner on my Instagram timeline and it starts with him hitting those cymbals twice, I know exactly what song it is even without turning the sound on.

Jeez, he's such a boring interview. Can't even answer a simple question like "best song"? It's not something you're going to be contractually bound to for life mate, just say a fucking song and move on.

• Haha
Reactions: Moonshield_