New album Foregone out February 2023

They call this slow:rofl:.

About Gojira. I like the last album but, being honest, it sounds a lot like they're trying to he the European Slipknot.

No, Blood Youth are the European (well, UK but let's not get into that one ) Slipknot. Tiny band I came across through a live show, and their latest 2 albums sound more like Iowa era Slipknot than slipknot do nowadays! Love them, great band!

Last edited:
That's fair but I disagree, I love the mix on Hushed and Grim. Great record.
Gojira I agree, are overrated, but their latest album is very strong and Amazonia is one of my favorite songs released so far this decade. The production on that album for me is perfect for a modern metal album.

Gojira's latest album had some interesting tracks that I enjoy occasionally, I think New Found and Sphinx are my favourites, but it is not an album that I feel like having it on repeat for several days. However, I agree that in terms of production it is stellar.

Very cool artwork for the new single if that is legit. Song title is interesting, actually sounds like something from a metal album which hasn't often been the case with modern IF. From memory either Tanner or Bryce said the new album was supposed to be really heavy, so I'm curious to hear what this sounds like. Typically when IF have attempted 'heavy' in recent times those songs have been absolute garbage (All for Me, Everything's Gone, When My Butt Explodes, Through My Eyes, Underneath My Skin), so we'll see.

I wouldn't really say any of the songs off ITM were 'heavy'. It leant much more towards the melodic side of the spectrum, which is fine as that is where In Flames does their best work. They haven't released a decent 'heavy' song since the Come Clarity album.

I like Condemned and Sober and Irrelevant and I think the both of them count as heavy songs.

I forgot about Condemned - yeah, that's a great song. Best track on ASOP by far. S&I is fine, although not sure if I'd class it as heavy. Maybe.

Regardless, since Jesper left the band they can't make good heavy songs.

Bruh, it's the intro to motherfucking Stand Ablaze :D

To throw in the intro to this and then pivot to Alias... FUCK YOU Hipster and Bjorn! God damn it.

Thaaats why God I look like such an idiot right now :rofl: I rarely listen to anything pre-TJR (heresy I know, and I'm well overdue going back to it as Stand Ablaze is awesome, as is the early version of Dead God In Me with a different name)

Shame they didn't actually play it but it's a cool nod to the old school either way

Thaaats why God I look like such an idiot right now :rofl: I rarely listen to anything pre-TJR (heresy I know, and I'm well overdue going back to it as Stand Ablaze is awesome, as is the early version of Dead God In Me with a different name)

Shame they didn't actually play it but it's a cool nod to the old school either way

Re-listen to Stand Ablaze over and over again until every note is buried into your skull for eternity... just like me :D

And yeah, The Inborn Lifeless is awesome too. I actually prefer it to Dead God in Me, although both are great.

I dunno man, if I was at a show and they played the intro to Stand Ablaze I'd be shitting my pants in excitement, thinking I was going to hear a fucking classic and one of the best IF songs ever... then Alias. I'd be shitting my pants in a very different way at that point. I wasn't even there and I'm angry :bah:

Damn they weren't lying about being heavy. Some of those riffs are very old school! Sceptical about how it'll sound in the studio version with Howard recording it but honestly this is promising. Seems really good live at least.

*Obligatory joke about Bjorn's solo*

Last edited:
Reactions: Ilias7
I really like what I heard. Very reminiscent of At the Gates, in my opinion.

The chorus feels like a more classic In Flames-style chorus than the newer SiriusXM Octane stuff they've been going for, but I'll wait to hear the studio version before I make that judgment. Seems to be a step in the right direction. Fingers crossed that the production does the song justice.

Good overall, I'd say!

Last edited:
New song seems very cool. There are indeed some heavy riffs and the chorus is good. But I won't get excited until the studio version is released. Hopefully, Anders does these low growls in the studio too.

Reactions: TheJestersDoor
Uhm. The sound is not good enough to judge it but, at first impression, it sounds more like an American metal band than melodeath. I don't feel like it's anything special. Like, if this is the best that they have to show, then it doesn't seem to be a big deal. But, I might be wrong.