New album Foregone out February 2023

According to some instagram stories a couple of weeks before, Sterling Sound studio is mastering the new album. Anders and Bjorn were there. I suppose we will have some news after the metal tour of the year is over (which is today I think).

Reactions: TheJestersDoor
According to some instagram stories a couple of weeks before, Sterling Sound studio is mastering the new album. Anders and Bjorn were there. I suppose we will have some news after the metal tour of the year is over (which is today I think).

I saw this, the pic I saw was Anders and Bjorn with Ted Jensen, who worked on mixing for Gojira and Mastodon's latest albums - which both sound absolutely huge by the way - so hopefully he'll be able to work some magic into what Benson recorded (I still expect it to be far from perfect as Benson did the important part of recording, but if Jensen is mixing/mastering that gives me some hope)

Reactions: Ilias7
I saw this, the pic I saw was Anders and Bjorn with Ted Jensen, who worked on mixing for Gojira and Mastodon's latest albums - which both sound absolutely huge by the way - so hopefully he'll be able to work some magic into what Benson recorded (I still expect it to be far from perfect as Benson did the important part of recording, but if Jensen is mixing/mastering that gives me some hope)
In the end, is production and writing what it really matters. R2R mixing is awful and the album is still great.

In Flames are playing a secret show tomorrow before their festivals under "Jesterhead and the Swedish Soda Group" once again. Now that alone isn't interesting but their socials teased something new possibly being played at the festivals this weekend so if that's true (doubt it, IFs social media the last few years has been poorly ran) there's a chance they're doing it to see how a new song goes down. Possibly not far off from a single being released in that case?

I really liked Mastodon's latest double album Hushed and Grim. It had many excellent compositions, but to be honest I thought the mixing was poor. Something is bothering me with the drums. I think that they are too upfront and the guitars are buried. Same thing with the vocals.
Also, I have to get it out of my chest: I think Gojira are overrated. They are a good band, but I don't understand why everyone is obsessed with them. Maybe not my cup of tea.

I really liked Mastodon's latest double album Hushed and Grim. It had many excellent compositions, but to be honest I thought the mixing was poor. Something is bothering me with the drums. I think that they are too upfront and the guitars are buried. Same thing with the vocals.
Also, I have to get it out of my chest: I think Gojira are overrated. They are a good band, but I don't understand why everyone is obsessed with them. Maybe not my cup of tea.

That's fair but I disagree, I love the mix on Hushed and Grim. Great record.
Gojira I agree, are overrated, but their latest album is very strong and Amazonia is one of my favorite songs released so far this decade. The production on that album for me is perfect for a modern metal album.

I like that artwork. Very reminiscent of STYE. The song title is also really cool. And it's something that even critics can enjoy because it's so easy to use it against the band, lmao. Everyone wins.

Looking forward to hearing the track.

Last edited:
They call this slow:rofl:.

About Gojira. I like the last album but, being honest, it sounds a lot like they're trying to he the European Slipknot.