New album Foregone out February 2023

I love Lamb of God, can't wait to finally see them later this year (covid delays, heh). Anders did a great job.

Lamb of God never really interested me (I think Redneck is the only song of theirs I like) but yeah, Anders sounds good. Not too surprising though, his growls over the past few years have been solid as fuck. Krofius must be in heaven hearing all of these clips. It would only have been a problem if they'd asked him to sing.

I was watching some IF live vids yesterday and was wondering why I couldn't find any SOAPF live performances after 2013. Turns out it's because they literally haven't played it once in the last 9 years.

A shame as I think it sounds pretty good live and makes for a great opener with the acoustic opening. I actually think they perform SOAPF much better than Where the Dead Ships Dwell, which has become the SOAPF album staple. Also the stage design with the SOAPF artwork in that vid looks great.

Reactions: eochaid
They also did an acoustic cover of I Am Above:

It's more of a reimagining than a cover though, as other than the lyrics and some of the vocal melodies it's not really that similar to the original song. I still think it sounds good though.

They also did an acoustic cover of I Am Above:

It's more of a reimagining than a cover though, as other than the lyrics and some of the vocal melodies it's not really that similar to the original song. I still think it sounds good though.

Agree, very good song.

I really enjoy the vocal harmonies they do on their songs.

The guitar style is cool too. Their music is like a more folksy Alexander Misko who is a finger style virtuoso. They replace a little of the technical flash with awesome vocal harmonies.

I had never heard of them before but they have a lot of music on
https://melaniemaumartinschnella.bandcamp.com/

Thanks for introducing them to me!

Reactions: DE4life
I hadn't heard of them until a few days ago either. I found them by checking bands that have covered IF recently on setlist.fm :D but yeah I was listening to some of their other stuff and I really like the sound they have going on. Their Nightwish - Amaranthe cover is top notch as well.

Just goes to show how good IF would sound with a proper singer.

NW-Amaranth cover is so cool. I always thought that the original was quite generic and overproduced.

I like the original Amaranth but yeah, it's ultimately a fairly generic pop-metal track. M&S version has more heart and soul in it. Also the vocalist sounds like she'd fit right onto a Nightwish album, which obviously helps.

Swim is really nice, but I did notice for some reason the singer mispronounced 'seduction' as 'seducion', which is weird as Anders didn't mispronounce it on the original track. Really minor quibble though. It's cool that their version includes the full lyrics on the 'etched on a crystal display' line, whereas in the original Anders doesn't pronounce 'crystal' for some reason, or pronounces it badly, as I always just hear 'etched on a display'.

When you hear cool new twists on the Clayman stuff it's a reminder of how shit and uninspired the Clayman rerecordings/remasters were. So many cool little things you can do with those songs to give them a new dimension, but instead we just got crappy cover versions that sounded worse than the originals for the rerecordings, and barely any noticeable difference on the remasters. I mean, acoustic version feat. Anders would have been fucking dreadful as Anders can't sing, but Bjorn could have done some nice acoustic renderings of the classic songs to give us something new and interesting. They just didn't care enough.

Reactions: eochaid
That is prove enough that they give a shit about their "legacy". This probably came from Nuclear blast so they decided to use the lazy route.

Another version of the acoustic cover of Swim. Think I prefer the 'live' version, but this one is nice in that it's slower and even more chilled. Lyrics slightly less accurate, not that it really matters. The singer still misprounounces seduction, oddly. Maybe it's on purpose.

Need some of that NEW IN FLAMES

What's the holdup, bros

Also I'm going to see the band early next week. Can't wait to 1.) be the only one in the venue who knows the lyrics to Graveland and 2.) catch COVID.