New album Foregone out February 2023

Oh right, I saw the band!

In Flames were pretty good. Musically tight. Anders sounded like shit and I was pretty embarrassed for him. Setlist was way too short but they weren't the main attraction, so makes sense.

Trivium were meh. Their music has just never hooked me.

Lamb of God are way better live than they are in the studio. Like, you have to actually be there. I was very impressed. I now understand why they're such a big hit in the metalverse. I saw Tanner watching them on the sidelines at one point.

Stayed for a few Megadeth songs and then left. Not really my style and they weren't really who I was there for.

Remains to be seen whether or not I'll get COVID!

Last edited:
Lol, yeah, it would be a miracle if Anders' cleans suddenly sounded good. He'd need to get autotune machine wired directly into his throat.

Growls he does still seem to be hit and miss on though. When I saw them in early 2019 his growls were ridiculously good - better than I had ever heard across an entire set. Powerful, controlled and sustained throughout. However, I saw a set in Mexico from later in the same year where he was noticeably worse. I guess nowadays you've just gotta hope you get lucky.

Reactions: eochaid
Lol, yeah, it would be a miracle if Anders' cleans suddenly sounded good. He'd need to get autotune machine wired directly into his throat.

Lets hope that, one day, he has some spare time (from touring) so that he can put himself to, seriously, learn how to sing.

Mark my words, Anders will bust out an operatic rendition of Metaphor on the next album and blow you losers out of the water. Not a single note out of tune, NO pitch shifting whatsoever.

"I'm sorry, Lord Hipster" through the tears...

Yeah, like that Commodore 64 version of Moonshield from the Trigger EP, but it's Anders' synthesized voice singing Metaphor, flawlessly.

Reactions: eochaid
Stop talking your autistic crap and give me some leaks to the new album

shocked-bean-mr-bean.gif

So, I was listening to IF, random reproduction, in my computer. Then, suddenly, it started the re-recorded version of Clayman and I had to rip off my ears. It was instinctive.

Mark my words, Anders will bust out an operatic rendition of Metaphor on the next album and blow you losers out of the water. Not a single note out of tune, NO pitch shifting whatsoever.

"I'm sorry, Lord Hipster" through the tears...

Sarah Brightman & Anders Friden - Time to say goodbye 2022

So, I was listening to IF, random reproduction, in my computer. Then, suddenly, it started the re-recorded version of Clayman and I had to rip off my ears. It was instinctive.

I'll pretend those rerecordings didn't happen, much like the Covers EP.

Anyway, I hope next IF album is just Anders taking shots at Jon Schaffer.

In Flames - Capitol Punishment (2022)

1. Ten Thousand Jailed
2. Capitol Punishment
3. Last Laugh (feat. Dee Snider)
4. Prison Saga
5. This Stage Ain't Big Enough For the Both of Us
6. Broken Heart (nothing to do with Schaffer, but it's Anders so there would be an emo song in here somewhere)
7. Something Illegal This Way Comes
8. Trumped
9. When the Jailbird Cries
10. Living Free
11. Jailhouse Rock (Elvis cover)

Reactions: Ilias7 and eochaid