New album Foregone out February 2023

I'm sure the last time I posted a bunch of these live vids, someone mentioned they were at the Furnace Fest show. Looks like a really weird setup with people behind the stage as well. Almost like a high school talent contest lmao.

YouTube is awash with old IF live videos, which is really cool. I've downloaded any good ones I've come across for future preservation. My favourite is the show where some some dude zooms in on a woman's chest for about 3 minutes :rofl:

Reactions: Xpyro125
Found one with Minus and Watch Them Feed. Vocals definitely make me understand why people called Sadew the Japanese Anders back in 2007, especially with his love vocals too.

And now I want to see that live performance you’ve mentioned, purely for the music’s sake. Nothing else, of course.

Reactions: Pallbearer
I'm fairly sure it was a Canadian show, which would either be Montreal or Toronto. I think it was during Moonshield, which would narrow it down if my memory is accurate.

Found one with Minus and Watch Them Feed. Vocals definitely make me understand why people called Sadew the Japanese Anders back in 2007, especially with his love vocals too.

And now I want to see that live performance you’ve mentioned, purely for the music’s sake. Nothing else, of course.

It was this one - actually a great video for 1999 and a setlist to shit your pants for. Just under 28 minutes in where this dude seems to experience love at first sight. You also get to see Anders dancing like he's stoned at a rave or something, lmao.

Speaking of As the Future Repeats Today, which is an underrated song by the way, I always found it a bit strange that they brought it back into the set for a few shows in ‘06. What a random song to add to the set for like 2 shows. And then it disappeared just as quickly.

Also, Jesus Christ, even though it made me chuckle, that dude’s camera work during Moonshield is the epitome of ‘creep shot.’ Guy probably went home and had some alone time. “Bewbs and Moonshield! I’ll get there twice as fast…”

Speaking of full concerts. 10 days left to enjoy this one before it disappears from YouTube. I think it's genuinely an excellent concert film, the sound quality is awesome, the filming is dynamic with a lot of great angles and shots, the crowd are really lively and involved and most importantly the whole band deliver an outstanding performance (special shoutout to Anders - he brought it).

Setlist could stand a few older tunes, especially since the year before saw Stand Ablaze, Graveland, Episode 666 and Scorn in the setlist and the year after's had Ordinary Story, Coerced Coexistence, Food for the Gods and Bullet Ride, but I think the Reroute, SOAPF, Foregone, ITM and Come Clarity songs sound brilliant, and even the ASOP/Siren Charms stuff sounds much better here than in the studio.

On a technical level, I think it's probably the best IF concert film there is. I will be sad when I can no longer jump back into it.

Checking out that Summer Breeze footage. The vocals Anders has been doing for the last 10 years really do nothing for me. The lower guttural fry scream thing sounds technically proficient and sure he can sustain it the whole show, but it sounds so lifeless and anemic and lacks everything that made him stand out back in his day. Chorus of Leeches sounds so wrong when growled and not sang properly.

Ok. Just listened to leeches. New trauma unlocked. Now, the serious question is, what is so outstanding about that shitty performance? No, really. I'm curious about the reasons behind that cognitive dissonance that's turning shit into something worthy of praise.

At this point, I'm tired of people defending the ineptitude of this guy. Hes one of the worse singers i have had the displeasure to heard. And time is only making him worse.

Speaking of As the Future Repeats Today, which is an underrated song by the way, I always found it a bit strange that they brought it back into the set for a few shows in ‘06. What a random song to add to the set for like 2 shows. And then it disappeared just as quickly.

Perhaps the crowds didn't move.

I still fail to understand why that song isn't a hit. :(

Within the first few lines Dark Signs talks about having half one's dick chopped off, so bonus points for that, lmao.

I always wondered about that line, like is that what he literally meant. But apparently so. :D

Another one that's been bugging me is from TQP. "Push the dirt, make me feel". I mean, are we sure this is not about gay sex?

Speaking of full concerts. 10 days left to enjoy this one before it disappears from YouTube. I think it's genuinely an excellent concert film, the sound quality is awesome, the filming is dynamic with a lot of great angles and shots, the crowd are really lively and involved and most importantly the whole band deliver an outstanding performance (special shoutout to Anders - he brought it).

Setlist could stand a few older tunes, especially since the year before saw Stand Ablaze, Graveland, Episode 666 and Scorn in the setlist and the year after's had Ordinary Story, Coerced Coexistence, Food for the Gods and Bullet Ride, but I think the Reroute, SOAPF, Foregone, ITM and Come Clarity songs sound brilliant, and even the ASOP/Siren Charms stuff sounds much better here than in the studio.

On a technical level, I think it's probably the best IF concert film there is. I will be sad when I can no longer jump back into it.

I just stopped at WTDSD. That was fucking hilarious and ridiculous. The dude still cannot sing shit.

Checking out that Summer Breeze footage. The vocals Anders has been doing for the last 10 years really do nothing for me. The lower guttural fry scream thing sounds technically proficient and sure he can sustain it the whole show, but it sounds so lifeless and anemic and lacks everything that made him stand out back in his day. Chorus of Leeches sounds so wrong when growled and not sang properly.

Ok. Just listened to leeches. New trauma unlocked. Now, the serious question is, what is so outstanding about that shitty performance? No, really. I'm curious about the reasons behind that cognitive dissonance that's turning shit into something worthy of praise.

At this point, I'm tired of people defending the ineptitude of this guy. Hes one of the worse singers i have had the displeasure to heard. And time is only making him worse.
God fucking damn, this show is really fucking depressing. I saw the band live back in October of 2022, and Anders genuinely did surprisingly well live, but this… This is just awful. I don’t know if he just shot his voice again on this tour or something, but the only remarkable thing here really is the mixing and sound. Whoever the sound guys were for this concert did a phenomenal job, to the point where I’m not entirely sure that it wasn’t done in post.

I stopped at Leeches, and I have to say that Anders peaked at Pinball Map, which he did passably. But man, songs like Everything’s Gone and Leeches, which I think genuinely come alive when the band performs live, are just butchered vocally here. I don’t know what happened, but it just doesn’t hit the same whatsoever, and he doesn’t even do the lower growls he does for either track live.

As for WTDSD… I love that song, the studio version is incredible. I sincerely hope they never play it live again after this.

Reactions: DE4life and eochaid
I stopped at Leeches
Then, you should, absolutely, not listen to Alias or the chorus to Take This Life. It's embarrassing in many levels.

Now, I see some of the comments to his performance and I can only think that people is mocking him using sarcasm. That or that the world is doomed.

Last edited:

I had no idea they brought it back for two shows in 2006, that is indeed very random. Around the same time they bizarrely decided to start playing Worlds Within the Margin, which as far as I'm aware they also never played again afterwards.

Also, Jesus Christ, even though it made me chuckle, that dude’s camera work during Moonshield is the epitome of ‘creep shot.’ Guy probably went home and had some alone time. “Bewbs and Moonshield! I’ll get there twice as fast…”

Yeah it's about as blatant as possible, lmao.

It's pretty easy to download YouTube videos these days tbh. There are websites that do the conversions, or if you don't want to use them 4K Video Downloader's free version lets you download 30 YT videos each day.

I agree on the sound quality and general aesthetic of the show, but as for Anders... ehh.... I mean, the cleans are as bad as ever. The better the sound quality gets the worse his cleans sound, so that doesn't work out so good for him. Growls are his usual deep growls he does these days, which are OK but not very dynamic and kind of boring after a couple of songs. I get why he does his vocals this way now, but I feel like they only really work for the older tracks from TJR/Whoracle where he was also attempting a lower growl. It doesn't sound quite right to me on the mid-era stuff, but again, it is what it is and I understand why he's doing it this way.

I just stopped at WTDSD. That was fucking hilarious and ridiculous. The dude still cannot sing shit.

I mean, Anders has never, ever been able to do Dead Ships live. What makes the track so epic is the chorus, and he can't pull it off live because it's all studio magic. Very well done studio magic, but studio magic nonetheless. Live he either lets the crowd sing the chorus or butchers it himself. Either way it doesn't even come close to what it sounds like on the album. It genuinely sounds terrible whenever he tries to do these studio magic choruses - Leeches, Mirror's Truth, The End, TTL, Cloud Connected, Trigger, Come Clarity, Here Until Forever - whatever it is, if the song has a clean sung chorus on album it will sound terrible live. That's a given. I'm not entirely sure how Anders has gotten away with it for all of these years. I can't think of any other singer who has such a huge disparity between vocals in studio and vocals live. People just seem to be hypnotised to ignore it, though. It's bizarre.