New album Foregone out February 2023

I've gotta disagree about TJR title track. It is my number one IF song of all time, and it always will be. With the right treatment, not part of a medley and played properly, it would be a fucking monster live. Dead Eternity, as well.

Reactions: Xpyro125
Chorus vocals are one of the biggest issues with TJR live. It's not really possible to do as per album and adapting it doesn't sound great either. The track itself sounds quite okay live but I don't think it'd be better than Artifacts or Dead Eternity, simply because those two have more pace to them.

For the record I love TJR title track as well and would love for it to get some time in a regular set list. I can see why they'd opt for a different track though. Just stop picking Graveland FFS.

I heard Moonshield live and the band seemed super bored with it. The crowd also was standing an don't knowing what to do. Love the song, but not the best live number.

Artifacts or Dead Eternity could be fucking great, would gladly swap Graveland for one of those (or both)

I saw Moonshield back in 2006, it was pretty cool although I don't really remember how the crowd responded. Probably pretty well as there were still a lot of older IF fans coming to shows at that time, and Sepultura were the support so it was a proper metal crowd. I think songs like that introduce a good mixture to the sound, even if the crowd won't necessarily react in the same way as some of the more straightforward metal tracks. I'd love to see Gyroscope make a reappearance instead of them always playing The Hive if they choose to perform something from Whoracle. Gyroscope has such an infectious groove which blends perfectly with the folky elements. Last performance of that song, according to setlist.fm, was 2012 though and that was just a one off. Otherwise last time it was played with any regularity was 2004. FFTG seems to be their choice on this tour at least, which is a solid song to pick too. If they switched out Hive for FFTG, I don't see why they couldn't switch Graveland out for something else. Too much effort I guess.

Metaltown 2012 was also the last time they played Artifacts, apparently. They must have been feeling especially nostalgic on that show.

Imagine thinking Graveland is a better choice than this. Smh.