New album Foregone out February 2023

Grayfox-tentacles-woman-green-realistic-mansion-windows-girl-d22acc00-6f38-401f-9184-a1d167dcc0bd.png

Tags used were: tentacles, woman, green, windows, mansion, girl, realistic

Reactions: eochaid and DE4life
Lunar Spliff (1994)

1. Bong Space
2. Lunar Spliff
3. Stonedforsaken
4. Dozierscape
5. Evergreen Pt. 1
6. Evergreen Pt. 2
7. Herbgalaten
8. In Blazed
9. Upon a Tokin' Throne
10. Clad in Ganja

Reactions: mindd and DE4life
I have literally zero work this week so I was really bored. And boom, I saw Anders' post on Instagram. Anders asked what's your favorite album and 100+ people answered. So here's the peoples answers:

Clayman: 16
STYE: 15
SOAPF: 10
CC: 10
Jester Race: 10
Whoracle: 10
Reroute: 8
SC: 7
Colony: 7
ASOP: 6
Subterranean: 3
ITM: 2
Lunar: 1

I've noticed even amongst the newer IF fans Battles doesn't seem to be very well liked. There are people who claim it's underrated, but then, you can find people who'd call freezing your balls to a street lamp underrated, so whatever.

Slave and Phobiac spamming some SC votes with their burner IG accounts. Bold strategy.

Hey, my name change request went through. I forgot about that. Anyway...

Jester Race and Whoracle are actually way higher than I would expect among people who follow Anders on Instagram. Clayman too for that matter. RTR is also way lower than I would expect, even though its bottom 5 for me (sorry...)

Actually I was surprised by the high votes for Soundtrack. It's a good one for sure but this high? IDK. But I'm very satisfied with the votes SOAPF gets, it really is a good album.

Reactions: DE4life
Actually I was surprised by the high votes for Soundtrack. It's a good one for sure but this high? IDK. But I'm very satisfied with the votes SOAPF gets, it really is a good album.

I've seen this on a few polls now, STYE seems to be pretty popular with the modern IF fanbase - which is funny as they've barely played anything off STYE for years now. You might get TQP or MSS thrown in every so often, but that's about it. As an album it's never really been well represented live and was basically forgotten about after 2010. And yet it's also the only album to have a full live set on DVD, so, go figure.

Hey, my name change request went through. I forgot about that. Anyway...

Jester Race and Whoracle are actually way higher than I would expect among people who follow Anders on Instagram. Clayman too for that matter. RTR is also way lower than I would expect, even though its bottom 5 for me (sorry...)

I mean, ultimately 105 people isn't a massive sample size... you could do another 105 and get totally different results.

Slave and Phobiac spamming some SC votes with their burner IG accounts. Bold strategy.

Caught red-handed.

STYE being popular doesn't really surprise me. I may be wrong about this, but I think it was the first IF album that was heavily marketed in the states (Headbanger's Ball, specifically), so for a lot of people it was their first.

STYE came 8/13 in the MDM subreddit poll, so it's really dependent on who you're asking. Soundtrack strays pretty far from the MDM path so people who are more into that style of music aren't likely to rank it as highly as newer IF fans who are likely more into metalcore/alternative metal.

It's indeed a small sample size, but STYE is not that surprising imo. It was during their boom period and it's also the most listenable for a wide audience within the r2r-stye-cc trio. I listened it to death for sure.

I also doubt being an mdm fan or not mattered much with the rankings for the post-Clayman era. Yes, followers of subgenres can be pedantic, pathetic assholes who would even gatekeep their mothers if they "had to", but your average music enjoyer just like what he likes - he won't pretend to hate something just because it would make him less mysterious. STYE is a fun, easy listen from start to finish - and on that note, fuck them for removing Discover Me from Spotify. Once it's burned into you as nostalgia, it's forever crowned as your favorite IF record, or at least for a very long time.

Battles is indeed underrated, but just like ASOP, it's an annoying record. It won't ever be considered a hidden gem, but it is a fun record which needed the production ITM got. In fact, you could make a really good record with a best of compilation of ITM+Battles with ITM's production.

Reactions: Xpyro125
Battles isn't underrated at all, it's a pile of fake, plastic shit. So bored of people calling stuff that is shit "underrated". You see it all the time nowadays and it's just so stupid. Sometimes something is just trash. Not everything with a bad rep is "underrated". Sometimes it really does just suck.

Underrated doesn't have to mean it's actually good. There may be a better word for it, but my point is that it's pretty listenable and have some nice melodies. The songs are mostly feel unfinished though.

It's shit. You can find a hundred bands with albums a thousand times more creative, interesting and worthwhile than Battles. Some of these will be genuinely underrated. Listen to those instead. Can give you some guidance if required. Will not be recommending Static X, Coal Chamber, etc though.