New album Foregone out February 2023

Well. I'm in Spain and it's fucking cold too. Visiting your parents in law?

Hah, no, fortunately just the missus! -3 and snowing is very different to the UK, where it's still 9c even now. We've had a very mild November.

And yeah, fuck the World Cup and fuck FIFA. I hope England crash out in the group stages, although it seems unlikely at this point, regardless of how shit we played against the USA.

Reactions: eochaid

Fuck these covid questions at the dawn of 2023 but it wasn't THAT bad of an interview. Nothing interesting, mostly some mild politics and that Chris did write some solos for the record. Plus he didn't write for the upcoming comic, it's those guys interpretation of what I assume to be their discography.

They've done a listening party to a few magazines. I'm reading it now I. A Spanish magazine.

"The beginning of all the things that will end" is an acoustic intro.

"Meet our maker" is, reading the description, similar to the first two singles.

"Bleeding ou" is described as groove metal and melodic metal. I must say that the Spanish journalists that attended the meeting aren't precisely smart.

"Pure light of Mind" is described as Alt Metal, accessible and catchy. Anders says that he went to some singing lessons.

"In the dark" is descried again as groove metal and savage, whatever that means. This song has Anders singing over some acoustic guitars,

"A dialogue in b flat minor" is described as modern, american-like and has acoustic guitars towards the end.

"Cynosure" is described as digestible and singable.

"End of transmission" seems to be again some heavy song. Probably similar to the first singles.

And that's it.

Last edited:
Well he also said that he read comments on how foregone is different than previous albums and a return to form so sounds like he will be listening out of curiosity rather than anything else.

Does he say why he stopped listening to the band after Clayman? If it was because of the general musical direction of the band then Foregone makes zero sense as a reason to go back and listen to the Reroute-ITM period as it's totally different (assuming the singles are a good indication of the album in general). If he just stopped listening for no reason then OK I guess, but why would a fan of In Flames at that point in time even do that?