New album Foregone out February 2023

1. While She Sleeps

Nice. Really underrated band, imo. I love their style. Very raw.

4: Architects (RIP, their new album sucks harder than battles)

Yes, yes it does. I knew it was coming, or at least assumed it was based on their last record. It's a shame because they can do way better. I tried listening to the newer songs with an open mind but it just isn't happening. I'm not a fan of their new direction at all. I watched an interview with Sam where he said he thinks people criticize it online but still listen to it and actually like it in secret. Maybe that's the case for some, but it definitely isn't for me.

Sounds like IF-style denial from the early-to-mid 2000s. But then, no band is realistically going to come out and say "yeah actually this is shit, sorry". Maybe years later, at best, they may come out and admit it wasn't their best work. That's about it though.

Not the ideal way to do it tbh. They should do an Agalloch where they come out and say that their most highly-regarded, critically-acclaimed, and most fan-beloved album is by far the worst thing they've ever done.

Nice. Really underrated band, imo. I love their style. Very raw.

Yes, yes it does. I knew it was coming, or at least assumed it was based on their last record. It's a shame because they can do way better. I tried listening to the newer songs with an open mind but it just isn't happening. I'm not a fan of their new direction at all. I watched an interview with Sam where he said he thinks people criticize it online but still listen to it and actually like it in secret. Maybe that's the case for some, but it definitely isn't for me.

Yeah Sleeps are amazing. I've hung out with the guys quite a fair bit, they're all awesome people. I brought a guitar directly off of Mat recently also. (I have so many super nerdy stories about the band as well haha, been to a lot of shows, been to their recording studio, sung on their gang vocals, played their gear in their practice room, loads of cool stuff like that)

It's a shame about architects as their style of metalcore was so unique (until everyone copied it) and then they moved away. They're still great live, I saw them again earlier this year and even though they played less music that I liked they still kicked ass. The one thing that does really upset me is when fans say that the band are disrespecting Tom, or that he'd be turning in his grave. Disliking music is one thing, but that's just not okay.

Reactions: The Grayfox
Oh btw @DE4life, I have some request from you, when you're available could you do a instrumental version of Foregone pt2. :D I really love the song, wanna hear some of the chorus guitars clearly. :D

Yeah Sleeps are amazing. I've hung out with the guys quite a fair bit, they're all awesome people. I brought a guitar directly off of Mat recently also. (I have so many super nerdy stories about the band as well haha, been to a lot of shows, been to their recording studio, sung on their gang vocals, played their gear in their practice room, loads of cool stuff like that)

It's a shame about architects as their style of metalcore was so unique (until everyone copied it) and then they moved away. They're still great live, I saw them again earlier this year and even though they played less music that I liked they still kicked ass. The one thing that does really upset me is when fans say that the band are disrespecting Tom, or that he'd be turning in his grave. Disliking music is one thing, but that's just not okay.

That’s really cool. Sleeps seem like such a self-made band, which I like a lot. They do what they want to do and it just never disappoints. Their energy is amazing.

As far as Architects, I just think they want to move away from what they did with Tom. Not in a bad way, I don’t think they’re ashamed of that stuff or anything, but they probably feel the need to move on. People say stupid shit like “Tom wouldn’t be into this” and it’s like… really? Did you know the guy? Feel free to dislike the newer music, but don’t act like you know what Tom would’ve done or wanted. It’s the same shit that happened with Metallica and Cliff. People acting like they know way more than they do. Part of me understands the idea of being into a band so much that you feel like you’re some small part of it and it’s easy to get attached to that. And then you feel personally let down when a band does something you don’t enjoy. But there’s a line and you’re definitely crossing it when you start bringing deceased band members into the equation. Those guys didn’t even know if they were going to continue on as a band. All of that being said, the one thing I want to know is why Sam looks like he’s channeling his grandmother recently. Carrying around a little dog, wearing knit sweaters, eyeliner, what the hell is going on? :p

Reactions: TheJestersDoor
That’s really cool. Sleeps seem like such a self-made band, which I like a lot. They do what they want to do and it just never disappoints. Their energy is amazing.

As far as Architects, I just think they want to move away from what they did with Tom. Not in a bad way, I don’t think they’re ashamed of that stuff or anything, but they probably feel the need to move on. People say stupid shit like “Tom wouldn’t be into this” and it’s like… really? Did you know the guy? Feel free to dislike the newer music, but don’t act like you know what Tom would’ve done or wanted. It’s the same shit that happened with Metallica and Cliff. People acting like they know way more than they do. Part of me understands the idea of being into a band so much that you feel like you’re some small part of it and it’s easy to get attached to that. And then you feel personally let down when a band does something you don’t enjoy. But there’s a line and you’re definitely crossing it when you start bringing deceased band members into the equation. Those guys didn’t even know if they were going to continue on as a band. All of that being said, the one thing I want to know is why Sam looks like he’s channeling his grandmother recently. Carrying around a little dog, wearing knit sweaters, eyeliner, what the hell is going on? :p

Agreed about architects.

Yeah Sleeps are awesome! Mat even offered to custom paint the guitar he sold me with lyrics of my choose (something they do to all their gear) and it looks amazing! The guitar I got I saw him use at Brixton in 2020 before COVID hit, so cool! Really looks good next to my Sean Long signature model Charvel. (Yes, I also have Bjorn's original black custom epiphone too)

https://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/media/while-she-sleeps-guitars.889/full

Very nice. Good song choice too. :D That Brixton show had a hell of a setlist.

I've yet to see them live. They opened for Arch Enemy and Trivium years ago but I was late and missed them. I'd love to see them headline. Can't wait for a new record also. I would assume they're writing that already, or at least will be soon.

Very nice. Good song choice too. :D That Brixton show had a hell of a setlist.

I've yet to see them live. They opened for Arch Enemy and Trivium years ago but I was late and missed them. I'd love to see them headline. Can't wait for a new record also. I would assume they're writing that already, or at least will be soon.

Highly recommend it as they're incredible live!

They are writing something at the moment :)

My top Spotify artists this year:
1. In Flames
2. Sleep Token
3. Architects
4. Sylosis
5. Slipknot

State of Slow Decay was my most played song.

I didn't like the new Architects album at first, but it grew on me. You can clearly tell that it is just their choice to move on from their past sound and it is has nothing to do with selling out or not being capable of playing their old style anymore.

I occasionally enjoy Ghost. I do not consider them metal band, but I can enjoy them. Sometimes they remind me of Scorpions somehow.

Last edited:
My top Spotify artist this year:
1. In Flames
2. Sleep Token
3. Architects
4. Sylosis
5. Slipknot

State of Slow Decay was my most played song.

I didn't like the new Architects album at first, but it grew on me. You can clearly tell that it is just their choice to move on from their past sound and it is has nothing to do with selling out or not being capable of playing their old style anymore.

I occasionally enjoy Ghost. I do not consider them metal band, but I can enjoy them. Sometimes they remind me of Scorpions somehow.

Sleep token are great. As are sylosis but that goes without saying.

Reactions: Ilias7
Oh btw @DE4life, I have some request from you, when you're available could you do a instrumental version of Foregone pt2. :D I really love the song, wanna hear some of the chorus guitars clearly. :D

I actually don't think I have an mp3 for Foregone Pt.2, but i can find one and do it, sure. Just had my bottom two wisdom teeth removed though so give me a couple of days :D

Sleep token are my best finding of last year. Very unique band, I am going to see them live next year.

I love Sylosis too. Josh Middleton is by far my favourite guitarist

They are very good live, Sleep Token. Saw them support Architects in may and they were amazing! If you follow the link I posted a while back of In Flames at Brixton there's a video or two of Sleep Token on my channel.

Reactions: Ilias7