New album Foregone out February 2023

I don't listen to the stuff from ITM very much these days, I have to say. I still think it's a solid enough album by modern IF standards, and their best since SOAPF, but there aren't too many songs I have a desire to go back and listen to. The title track, Deep Inside and Stay With Me are probably the only tracks I'd say are standouts to me nowadays. The rest range from terrible (In This Life, House) to decent. I wouldn't be opposed to listening to decent ones if they came on, but I'm not seeking them out to listen to.

Honestly I've barely listened to the new singles after they were released. For whatever reason the new stuff isn't really clicking with me at the moment. That might change when the full album is released. I think I'm just in a different headspace music-wise at the moment. I'm listening to a lot of really melodic stuff rather than heavy stuff.

I have a few songs from ITM in my IF playlist. I like those songs less than I liked them, maybe, three years ago. I guess that happens because, being in a playlist, I compare them to their previous discography and they have, in general, a lesser quality or are less interesting. Still, I keep those songs because I need the playlist to he kind of fresh. Otherwise, it would have not been updated since 2010.

I have no appreciation for the new songs. The only one that sounds slightly like the band is the latest single and it's not interesting enough.

I guess I found lyrics for the new song "Meet Your Maker" on Google.

Meet your maker
Say something that makes sense
These are your last words
So make them worth the wait

Meet your maker
It’s time to set things straight
Make them count or it’s too late

In time we all disappear
We’re pushed to the edge
The countdown has begun

At the end of the masquerade
Your time’s up, now there’s hell to pay
It’s only down from here
You think you have a choice but there’s no other way

Meet your maker
As you receive the final key
Are you ready to see what lies beneath?

Meet your maker
Everything else is dead
This is the final moment
All is done and all is said

I guess I found lyrics for the new song "Meet Your Maker" on Google.

Meet your maker
Say something that makes sense
So make them worth the wait

Meet your maker
It’s time to set things straight
Make them count or it’s too late

In time we all disappear
We’re pushed to the edge
The countdown has begun

At the end of the masquerade
Your time’s up, now there’s hell to pay
It’s only down from here
You think you have a choice but there’s no other way

Meet your maker
As you receive the final key
Are you ready to see what lies beneath?

Meet your maker
Everything else is dead
This is the final moment
All is done and all is said
OpenAI? :heh:

True. If CC was written by a 6 years old.

So, TGD, SOSD and SOSD part II were written by Anders, Bjorn and Howard Benson.

Last edited:
CC was written by a six year old, to be fair. Great album but not their finest lyrical hour.

Benson seems to be one of those producers who wants his name on song credits. I don't think that's an indication that he did any writing.

Considering Anders' passionate albeit misguided attempt to endorse the message of the final countdown and his historic use of the word 'masquerade' I'd say those lyrics may well be legit.