New album Foregone out February 2023

Just listened to meet your maker. Not all good but not all bad either. Definitely some positives but they are marred by some of the negative aspects. And the lyrics that were found on google a week ago are the correct lyrics

Just listened to meet your maker. Not all good but not all bad either. Definitely some positives but they are marred by some of the negative aspects. And the lyrics that were found on google a week ago are the correct lyrics

Link?

Intro and verses are basically a ripoff of F(r)iend. Chorus is Howard Benson 101. Solo sounds like it was taken from a random power metal song. Doesn't really sound like a Bjorn solo, so assume Broderick wrote it. Weird song.

I don't use a VPN I'll have to wait. Dodgy websites are starting to offer album downloads but I'm not risking my personal data

Intro and verses are basically a ripoff of F(r)iend. Chorus is Howard Benson 101. Solo sounds like it was taken from a random power metal song. Doesn't really sound like a Bjorn solo, so assume Broderick wrote it. Weird song.

This actually weirdly has me excited.

Ripoff is probably a bit harsh tbf, but I was reminded of F(r)iend at the beginning for sure.

Just listened the song. I'm not sure about the chorus but other than that its really good. Like @DE4life said, heavy F(r)iend influence, really love that vibe. For solo I have to listen again I'm not sure. Chorus feels like its not really compatible with the song from the first impression but we'll see.

Agreed. There's a lot from F(r)iend there. The chorus is just bad. Nothing interesting about it. I would even say that it doesn't match the rest of the song. The whole song is just... boring.

The solo... For what they're doing on this album, they could skip that part.

Edit: The chorus reminds me of that Collab that they did with Pendulum. Vicals and music.

Agreed. There's a lot from F(r)iend there. The chorus is just bad. Nothing interesting about it. I would even say that it doesn't match the rest of the song. The whole song is just... boring.

The solo... For what they're doing on this album, they could skip that part.

Edit: The chorus reminds me of that Collab that they did with Pendulum. Vicals and music.

I love self Vs self and I love pendulum so I'm even more here for it

Reactions: Jester Slave
"a multilayered metal paradise by a brilliant production."

Going to call bullshit on this from that paid review though :rofl: bruh.

Reactions: Vermyn
To start off, I'm mostly a R2R kind-of In Flames fan, so I really really dig this new single.

I agree with most people that the intro/outro riffs are very similar to Friend, I absolutely love the chorus as I'm a big fan of electronic/synths in metal, so for me this was a very nice song.

Not too sure on the solo, but at least it's a bit different from typical (wah) Bjorn solo's we've grown accustomed to. Out of the five songs so far, I think this or The Great Deceiver would be my favorite.

Really pumped to hear the rest of the album

Reactions: shad0w__ and Vermyn
To start off, I'm mostly a R2R kind-of In Flames fan, so I really really dig this new single.

I agree with most people that the intro/outro riffs are very similar to Friend, I absolutely love the chorus as I'm a big fan of electronic/synths in metal, so for me this was a very nice song.

Not too sure on the solo, but at least it's a bit different from typical (wah) Bjorn solo's we've grown accustomed to. Out of the five songs so far, I think this or The Great Deceiver would be my favorite.

I think the rest of the album will be available online fairly soon with all the folks that received the vinyl early. We shall see. I’m with you though and can’t wait.

From memory you were really high on ITM when it came out - did it stay at that level for you, or become less impressive over time?

From memory you were really high on ITM when it came out - did it stay at that level for you, or become less impressive over time?

Hahahah wow impressive memory.

To be honest, I think my thoughts stayed relatively the same. I still very much enjoy the album as a whole with Call my Name, I Am Above, I the Mask, Stay with Me, Deep Inside, all songs that I still listen to daily.

All the Pain, Follow Me, We Will Remember, I don't really listen to often, but I still think ITM would rank in my top 3 albums, with R2R constituting an immovable object at #1 lol.

Since my last post, I listened to Meet your Maker a couple more times and I'm enjoying it more and more with each listen :D

Reactions: DE4life and Vermyn
Heard the preview on Apple Music. I actually really like it. It's very rare when I think Anders' Bensonized vocals work, but here I think they do. Could be the vocal melodies -- not sure yet. That's just my opinion, though. Eager to hear the full thing.