New album Foregone out February 2023

When I saw them at Bloodstock 2007 they all seemed to be drunk on stage. Anders forgot a ton of the lyrics to multiple songs, guitars were a mess. Drumming was fine to be fair, bass I wouldn't be able to tell either way. Easily the most disappointing performance I've ever witnessed from the band.

Even worse, it was actually a decent setlist. Leeches, Dead Alone, Touch of Red, fucking Dark Signs, Episode 666, System, Egonomic... plus all of "the hits" at that time period. Bottled aside it was an awesome setlist, but they played like shit so it didn't really matter.

Reactions: eochaid
When I saw them at Bloodstock 2007 they all seemed to be drunk on stage. Anders forgot a ton of the lyrics to multiple songs, guitars were a mess. Drumming was fine to be fair, bass I wouldn't be able to tell either way. Easily the most disappointing performance I've ever witnessed from the band.

Even worse, it was actually a decent setlist. Leeches, Dead Alone, Touch of Red, fucking Dark Signs, Episode 666, System, Egonomic... plus all of "the hits" at that time period. Bottled aside it was an awesome setlist, but they played like shit so it didn't really matter.
What about the other shows? Did you ever had the feeling that Anders was drunk onstage?

To be fair, you don't have to be a heavy drinker to be considered an alcoholic. I may be exaggerating, but not much, by saying that if you regularly drink a few beers for example every Saturday, you can already be labeled as an alcoholic. That being said, I do find the "drink booze on stage fuck yeah" antics disappointing, especially by adults. But I'm trying not to judge, because there is no way I wouldn't have been hammered if I became a rock star in my 20s, and you can't just wake up one morning and say that you're gonna be a teetotaller from this point forward.

Before the release or leaks I have to say that the very unlikely winner of the "best songs from the record so far" competition is The Great Deceiver. I've found Slow Decay and Deceiver extremely meh when they were dropped, didn't even comment much about them, but TGD grew a lot on me.

Reactions: eochaid

I'm going to Friday at Bloodstock this year (Killswitch Engage and In Flames lead the bill) so I'll let you know if they put on a better show!

Reactions: DE4life and Ilias7
After listening all the singles so far, I would rank them like this:

State of Slow Decay
The Great Deceiver
Foregone pt2
Meet Your Maker
Foregone pt1

The first two might change position. I find Foregone pt1 quite boring and I always tend to skip it.

To be fair, you don't have to be a heavy drinker to be considered an alcoholic. I may be exaggerating, but not much, by saying that if you regularly drink a few beers for example every Saturday, you can already be labeled as an alcoholic. That being said, I do find the "drink booze on stage fuck yeah" antics disappointing, especially by adults. But I'm trying not to judge, because there is no way I wouldn't have been hammered if I became a rock star in my 20s, and you can't just wake up one morning and say that you're gonna be a teetotaller from this point forward.

Before the release or leaks I have to say that the very unlikely winner of the "best songs from the record so far" competition is The Great Deceiver. I've found Slow Decay and Deceiver extremely meh when they were dropped, didn't even comment much about them, but TGD grew a lot on me.
Agree. You don’t have to act drunk to be dependent on alcohol. Plus if Anders got wasted every night he probably would be like Jesper. That means we wouldn’t be having this conversation already because he would have quit or gotten fired.

Yes. That's why I said that if that anyone who needs alcohol to warm up is, in my understanding, an alcoholic. Of course, there are different levels. But Anders just doesn't match the heavy drinker profile.

Reactions: galvanized
I'm going to Friday at Bloodstock this year (Killswitch Engage and In Flames lead the bill) so I'll let you know if they put on a better show!

I'm sure they will!

In terms of the newer songs, I'd say TGD is probably my favourite as well. Although "favourite" isn't the ideal way to phrase it as I don't really listen to it much. Also my version has the Joey line edited out because it's so bad.

SoSD would probably come second. The other three I don't really know... I don't find either of the Foregone songs interesting, and Meet Your Maker has that stupid Benson chorus.

There is excerpt from my interview with Bjorn.

This one is about December Flower & Siren Charms.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/b8...N_TDL_01&utm_medium=email&utm_source=sendgrid
Me after hearing that quote about December Flower:

65456030.jpg

Damn, Bjorn, don't be getting my hopes up like that. With Anders' current vocals and Chris's lead guitar chops, I think they could absolutely own it, solo and all. Bjorn could even handle the first solo, and Chris the big one. If I were in the room, I would cry like the big fanboy I am.

I know! They gotta do it! If they are serious about this “old school” stuff they need to show us the goods. Enough faking. I want December Flower, Goliaths Disarm their Davids, Embody the Invisible, Suburban Me!

Come on Bjorn, I know you read this shit. Let’s do this!!!

If I had to pick some golden era songs I'd love them to bring out then I'd have to choose:

Dead Eternity
The Jester Race
Food For The Gods
Embody The Invisible
Zombie Inc
Swim

Of course I'd love to hear December flower for that solo, but that's the easy pick as we ALL want that

If I had to pick some golden era songs I'd love them to bring out then I'd have to choose:

Dead Eternity
The Jester Race
Food For The Gods
Embody The Invisible
Zombie Inc
Swim

Of course I'd love to hear December flower for that solo, but that's the easy pick as we ALL want that
Lord Hypnos
Jotun
list could go on and on

but December Flower and Suburban Me are notable for the solos

If they play a set with December Flower in it, I will profess my love for Battles and claim that it is the greatest In Flames album of all time.

That’s how certain I am it won’t happen. :D

*edit* typo

Last edited: