New album Foregone out February 2023

Maybe once they get mainstream popularity they will release another album that's a mix of TJR and whoracle to spread Melodic Death Metal into the mainstream :)

After all this guy from 2003 was not completely wrong, they did release MDM songs with State of Slow Decay, Meet Your Maker, The Great Deceiver, Foregone.1 :heh:

i downloadad the quiet place now.... the music is alright, but anders sings like a fag.

I wonder what this man from 2004 would think about vocals on « Pure Light of Mind » :lol:

Reactions: Xpyro125
Why doesn’t Foregone Pt 1 seamlessly flow into Foregone Pt 2? Pt 1 fades out way too quickly. But there was no point. It could have been seamless.

Anders is a
hypocrite he is talking in the interviews that ,, ppl should be more nice to each others" but i saw a video from the show when he comes to security guy and he said to him ,, you smell like shit" or something like that if i was there he would be knock out xd

Sister is just upset because Anders is the reason Niclas and his calves are gone :eek:

I listened to a podcast for the new album today. The guy accused Nuclear Blast and the band for purposely releasing misleading singles and deceiving the audience about the sound of the new album.
I disagree. Firstly, the last 2 singles had a different sound and that was an indicator. Secondly, I don't think the band has anything to do with the promotion. On the contrary, I remember Anders saying not to expect SoSD 12 times. The whole "old IF are back" was a media thing.

Yeah well as it turns out we shouldn't listen to Foregone part 1 or 2 anyway. Need to wait until Foregone part 5 before it's worth hearing.

Reactions: eochaid
I listened to a podcast for the new album today. The guy accused Nuclear Blast and the band for purposely releasing misleading singles and deceiving the audience about the sound of the new album.
I disagree. Firstly, the last 2 singles had a different sound and that was an indicator. Secondly, I don't think the band has anything to do with the promotion. On the contrary, I remember Anders saying not to expect SoSD 12 times. The whole "old IF are back" was a media thing.
To me this album is a bit like Cyhra 2. There are amazing elements, there are disappointing elements. And unfortunately they are both in the same songs. So it’s a frustrating listening experience for me, initially anyway.

Reactions: The Grayfox
The more I listen to Cynosure the more I think it's a really good song. Chorus could have been more dynamic, but it is enjoyable. The rest of the song is just amazing, in my opinion. Bleeding out and Dialogue are really the tracks that stand out for me as sub par

The more I listen to Cynosure the more I think it's a really good song. Chorus could have been more dynamic, but it is enjoyable. The rest of the song is just amazing, in my opinion. Bleeding out and Dialogue are really the tracks that stand out for me as sub par
I agree. Cynosure is probably going to be one of my long term winners, but the chorus is generic and brings it down.

Bleeding Out is not good.

The Beginning of All Things is nothing special to be honest. Pretty repetitive for its length. Bjorn could have done more.

A Dialogue has an amazing intro. I love the first 40 seconds, it’s like “let’s fucking go!!!” but then the verse hits and I’m let down. Legitimately surprised since the intro was so fierce. Thought this was going to be the throwdown song.

I like the chorus of In The Dark. Those heavily auto tuned emo-type vocals (sounds like Mars Volta singer) at 1:36 on top of the acoustics sounds awesome. Does it sound like Anders? No. But it does sound good.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheJestersDoor
My thoughts are basically the same as before I guess. I do think The Beginning of All Things sounds cool. Repetitive yes, but there's a little glimpse of old IF in there somewhere. Probably my favorite on the album because Anders isn't on it :D

I'll also say this, Pure Light of Mind is going to end up as a guilty pleasure for me. I don't want to like it, but it's catchy as hell. I still get really big Architects vibes on the verses. Pre-chorus and chorus not so much. If they had gotten a guest vocalist for the chorus, it could've been really good.

Reactions: Xpyro125
I'm liking Bleeding Out more than I did at first, though it's still not one of my favorites. Cynosure hasn't grown on me at all.

Dialogue in B Flat Minor is probably one of my favorites on this. End the Transmission also grew on me. Foregone Pt 1 is still my favorite overall, but In the Dark is a very close second.

Debating whether I like this more than SOAPF...I think I do, but it's very close.

As much as I hate saying this, I've noticed a pattern today where every time I listen to something from the album a few times over, I switch over to something from ITM (Mainly Voices) and just kinda feel it a lot more. I love my four favorites, and TGD's lead melody is stuck in my head like a motherfucker, but Foregone just makes ITM feel that much better for some reason I'm not even sure of.