New album! Got it today!

TheMoor

Melodies Hunter
May 10, 2001
Montreal, Quebec
www.metalprovider.com
And im proud to say that with "They Will Return" they indeed returned and kick ass!! :headbang:

And god damn Antti you're running fast on your guitar solos! I'm myself a guitarist but im not at the level of writing my own solos but i wondered how hard it has been for Antti to write those...they are just how i like them, fast and melodic! :)

My fav song of the album for the moment is Hollow Heart,
i also notice that Pasi's keyboard is also more present on this album and it fit really great! Overall, if you like Swamplord, you'll love They will return! Excellent work here!

Kalmah definitely do belong among the strongest metal act of Finland!

now only have to wait for a "They will return" longsleeve! ;)
and btw really like those colors used for the cover!

dont know much about stores and mailorder
but yeah i ordered mine via spinefarm
it cost only 20 US$ shipping included and it took about 2 week to have it in my mailbox!

maybe theendrecord.com could have it soon, cause i know
they have some spinefarm stuff that have just been released...
check it out!

I finally got it today too. They will return album :)
First impression is that it sounds like Eternal Tears Of Sorrow, particularly the first track Hollow Heart is very similar to Shatterd Soul by ETOS! You know, great guitar work also, really fast picks, I didn't expect to hear that.

Great I will definately buy first album ;)

:hotjump: yeah, finally I got THEY WILL RETURN too!
stunning!! listened to it the whole evening yesterday :loco: so far, I can tell that I like Swamplord, Principle Hero, Kill the Idealist and The Blind Leader most
First impression is that it sounds like Eternal Tears Of Sorrow, particularly the first track Hollow Heart
I also thought so;
generally the keyboard parts remind a lot *find so*

np: kalmah - they will return - my nation

Ginza.se still doesn't have it grrrr :mad:
That's really shitty, they are the only mail order firm that actually deliver the stuff within the 3 days they promise, unlike some piece of shit CDon.com who never, ever deliver ANYTHING within the 6 days they promise. Too bad ginza doesn't have nearly as much stuff as CDon.

after my failed attempt to get the album at the day it was released, I tried again yesterday and found it instantly...

I've never heard a band that is so fast and melodic at the same time...and the atmosperic keyboard layer perfectly fits in. I absolutely love the album...I don't think there will come out a better melodic death/black album this year. Kalmah took the style to another level.

At first I was skeptical if the new members are as good as the old ones. ...but now I've to say that Janne is truly a drum god!!! And I love the parts where Timo shreds with his bass alone! :eek:

I hope the next album will come out as soon as possible...well done, keep it up, guys!!!!! :cool:

I hope the next album will come out as soon as possible...
hey, TWR has just been released! :D
I'm waiting for a tour thru Europe....? :p

the album is growing with every spin! the song "they will return" has an awesome key melody in the solo :)

about lyrics: you kalmah-guys seem to think (write) also about environmental and nature matters?
generally, kalmah-lyrics are not like most other bands': neither blood-bath, nor "rapt existence" lyrics nor overdone heartache-lyrics :) a really different band :) that's great

np: kalmah - they will return - the blind leader

I'm waiting for a tour thru Europe....?
you're right, this kind of music is perfect for being played live!
a tour with labelmates Throne of Chaos and/or Children of Bodom would be perfect! :)

hm.... children of bodom? :s but if they would be the only choice, then it shall be them, for my sake :rolleyes:
:)

np: dew scented - inwards - unconditional

Originally posted by Nico16
you're right, this kind of music is perfect for being played live!
a tour with labelmates Throne of Chaos and/or Children of Bodom would be perfect! :)

Oh dear lord, not Children Of Boredom, I would rather listen to a million Brithney Spears songs then one from CoB :mad:
Too bad EToS won't be touring, I think they would fit rather well with Kalmah.

what's wrong with CoB? (if you ignore their lyrics, this weird reaper-stuff and their fans?)

They're VERY close to Kalmah, at least closer to them than 90% of all bands. They're just slower and more commercial.