new album name

May 9, 2003
I don't know if this has really been announced anywhere else because I have failed to find where it has been, but, I read in a CotM email from Jax that Mike Romeo has said that the name of the next album is "Paradise Lost", which isn't too surprising since it has already been announced they have been making a "long" song of the same subject (aka "The Odyssey"). She also said there is a studio update coming soon because Mike said they have someone "special" doing the liner notes and cover art for the new album!

Again, this may have been announced somewhere else but I couldn't find this announcement anywhere on the forum or official site.

That doesn't say anything. That is just a thread from a long time ago where Jax was asking pp's opinions on a setlist and someone happened to bring up the fact that SyX make references to it in both Rediscovery and DWoT. It was much later that the band announced a longer song on the new album and asked suggestions as to what it should be about. There was one person who brought up Paradise Lost. Later on it ended up they decided to use Paradise Lost but they had never announced that the album would be of the same name. But I was just now saying that its not surprising because its like with The Odyssey where they made a longer song of it and called the album the same name.

symphonyXjapan said:
That doesn't say anything. That is just a thread from a long time ago where Jax was asking pp's opinions on a setlist and someone happened to bring up the fact that SyX make references to it in both Rediscovery and DWoT. It was much later that the band announced a longer song on the new album and asked suggestions as to what it should be about.

Actually, if you'll check the date, you'll see that the original post was posted on Saturday..nowhere near a long time ago. ;) And then read the whole thread and you'll see why it was linked here. :)

For Milton's Paradise Lost check also Project Gutenberg (http://www.gutenberg.org/)

There's lots of legally free e-books and even sheet music of classical pieces. The front page is a bit confusing but by browsing the site map you'll find what you need.

He soon discerns, and weltring by his side
One next himself in power, and next in crime,
Long after known in PALESTINE, and nam'd
BEELZEBUB. To whom th' Arch-Enemy,
And thence in Heav'n call'd Satan, with bold words
Breaking the horrid silence thus began.

Is that where u got your name beelzebub???

MorphineChild205 said:
Perhaps I'm confused, but isn't Divine Wings (title track) based on Paradise Lost? If so, I wonder if this album is a sequel?

No, I think DwoT is about Dante's "Divine Comedy"....

mask_x said:
No, I think DwoT is about Dante's "Divine Comedy"....

No, it's definitely not about that. I thought it was about "Paradise Lost" also, but now I'm thinking DWOT was is about "Paradise Regained." But I'm really not sure.

Eternal Dragon said:
Is that where u got your name beelzebub???
Nope! ;) The first time I heard the name was when I was about 11/12 and I read Lord of the Flies. The name has come up in a few other books I've read but right now I'm drawing a blank. I want to say it was mentioned in The Scarlet Letter but I'm not too sure.

I also need to read Paradise Lost. I have the book, and I've gotten through about 3/4 of it, but I stopped and now I have to start from the beginning again. It's on my to do list.

yea beelzebub is just another name for satan or the devil or whatever word you would use. I remember lord of the flies in high school hahaha don't you just love psycho british kids lol